• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Another black powder ordering question....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GANGGREEN

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Like many of you, I'd like to increase my stores of black powder and have inquired with a few buddies, who also want some. I think between us, we'd like 16 or 18 pounds of powder, but it's not all one brand or granulation. If it was just 18 pounds of Goex 2F for instance, I'd just sign up to be notified when it comes back in stock and immediately make an order. In my case, I've got orders for 2, 3 and 4F and orders of Graf, Goex and Olde Eynsford powders. I don't wish to just get a portion of the order and find the rest at a later date from a different vendor, because then instead of splitting the Hazmat and shipping fees one time, we're going to have to pay shipping and hazmat at least 2 or 3 times, maybe more and it's no longer a smart idea to make a bulk order like this.

So, my question is, do any of the vendors allow you to make an order even if the powder is backordered. I'm happy to pay up front if that's required and just receive the powder as it becomes available in 2, 3 or 4 subsequent orders. So far I haven't found anyone that will do so.

Track of the Wolf has Regular Goex. You have to buy 25 pounds but you can mix and match the granulations. I usually by from Grafs too but they are out of stock right now. Try also Powder Inc. they include the price of shipping in the price for the powder online. Keep shopping around. Hopefully the current stupidity in the political world will not last long. But you never know.

WOOOHOOO!!!! They did in fact have what I needed. One of my buddies was happy with saving a few bucks on the cheap stuff (Graf) and they didn't have that, but he'll be satisfied with the Goex instead. I got my OE and they did say they may need to substitute Goex for the 1 can of OE 4F I had requested and I certainly don't care about that. Price was OK and I'm thrilled, thanks for the recommendation hawkeye2.

Like many of you, I'd like to increase my stores of black powder and have inquired with a few buddies, who also want some. I think between us, we'd like 16 or 18 pounds of powder, but it's not all one brand or granulation. If it was just 18 pounds of Goex 2F for instance, I'd just sign up to be notified when it comes back in stock and immediately make an order. In my case, I've got orders for 2, 3 and 4F and orders of Graf, Goex and Olde Eynsford powders. I don't wish to just get a portion of the order and find the rest at a later date from a different vendor, because then instead of splitting the Hazmat and shipping fees one time, we're going to have to pay shipping and hazmat at least 2 or 3 times, maybe more and it's no longer a smart idea to make a bulk order like this.

So, my question is, do any of the vendors allow you to make an order even if the powder is backordered. I'm happy to pay up front if that's required and just receive the powder as it becomes available in 2, 3 or 4 subsequent orders. So far I haven't found anyone that will do so.
You have to buy at least 5 pounds, give powder inc. a try. My 10 pound order had Goex at 19 dollars a pound, shipping included.

I had tried Powderinc and they just didn't have what I needed/wanted at the time and I would have had to have made at least two orders, which obviously increases the cost per pound. I got what I needed from Back Creek, not a great price, but certainly acceptable given the current state of things.

You may also want to try "The Maine Powder House" They have Goex, Schutzen, Swiss and Old Enysford. You can mix the brands and granulation s. An order of 25# gives you free shipping and haz mat.

Back