• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

American Historical Foundation Walker Tribute

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawney Beane

32 Cal
Reaction score
Up till now I have spent a lifetime of shooting without having the tiniest desire to own a "Commemorative" firearm of any sort. The very idea of a John Wayne commemorative with "The Duke's" image boldly laser etched into the American Walnut stock with case to proudly display on my wall left me cold. To each his own, no disrespect intended. However, I've been looking at this cased pistol with accessories sitting in the gun shop case for a few years and could not help myself. One factor was the price, on consignment for $300. It sold in 1994 for an incredible $2444. I knew no one else in the world would ever buy it, so today I gave in and am glad I did. My first intention is to shoot it and enjoy attracting attention to myself. It had never been turned and was locked up. A little oil (my first sin) and things brightened up. Popped off a very tight barrel and greased the cylinder post. After careful reassembly it operates flawlessly. Came with powder flask, nipple wrench, conical bullet mold and locking case with key. Now I'm just going to look at it and point it at the TV. Let me know your thoughts.
100_1609.JPG
100_1613.JPG
100_1611.JPG
100_1614.JPG
100_1617.JPG
100_1616.JPG
100_1615.JPG
100_1618.JPG

Last edited:
Wait it was listed in a shop for $300 for years?

It doesn't really match me or my other stuff but for $300 I would have snapped it up.

What does USMR stand for? Is this an uberti or an Asm or what?

Yes, tucked in a corner of a case with a few BP pistols. I had already bought the Armi San Marco that was sitting next to it at least two years ago. That one I paid $250 for. I turned my nose up at the locked up, garish horse pistol. They were made by Uberti and there were a few versions offered by Uberti and commemorative companies.

USMR stands for United States Mounted Rifles and appeared on the cylinder depicting "Hays Big Fight"
of the Hays Ranger Company. They were originally made by Eli Whitney Jr.'s factory and are known as "Whitneyville Walkers".

https://books.google.com/books?id=3...page&q=Uberti gold plated walker colt&f=false

I have and do currently own several of the U.S. Historical Society issues. ie: Hamilton Burr Duelers, Washington flintlock pistols, Hege Sieber target pistol and Lincoln derringer set. All were made by Uberti with the exception of the target pistol that was made by Hege to a very high standard and sold in the 80's in the $3000 range. While a true rip off at the time they are a bargain at todays prices as shooters.

It's incredible to consider the depreciation in value of a completely unused item. Original 1994 price $2444, in 2019 Dollars = $4267.78 and now $300 to me. That's less than a new standard Uberti Walker alone in a cardboard box. So much for the investment angle on commemoratives.

Yes, tucked in a corner of a case with a few BP pistols. I had already bought the Armi San Marco that was sitting next to it at least two years ago. That one I paid $250 for. I turned my nose up at the locked up, garish horse pistol. They were made by Uberti and there were a few versions offered by Uberti and commemorative companies.

USMR stands for United States Mounted Rifles and appeared on the cylinder depicting "Hays Big Fight"
of the Hays Ranger Company. They were originally made by Eli Whitney Jr.'s factory and are known as "Whitneyville Walkers".

https://books.google.com/books?id=3...page&q=Uberti gold plated walker colt&f=false

I never see black powder pistols in stores locally. Enjoy both of those.

I have owned a similar San Marco pistol a few years ago. I enjoyed shooting it a lot with my grandson when we had it. It was a blast to shoot and reliable also.

Now to find the appropriate commemorative long gun.

Buddy won a high dollar commemorative CF rifle years ago. His pride and joy. Gave it to his kid who promptly removed the factory wire ties, mounted a scope on it and took it deer hunting...... likely didn’t hurt the value all that much.

It's incredible to consider the depreciation in value of a completely unused item. Original 1994 price $2444, in 2019 Dollars = $4267.78 and now $300 to me. That's less than a new standard Uberti Walker alone in a cardboard box. So much for the investment angle on commemoratives.
I have a cva walker that i shoot whenever i need my spirits lifted😁 always makes me grin. Is that one brass all the way through? If so that will limit loads. But there is only one gun i posses that i dont shoot. All others get shot as much as i can.

Back