• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Amazing BP rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingsax26

45 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey all, I recently came into possession of a BP rifle that was started years ago and never finished..It has had the major stuff done ( barrel inletting and lock inletting) and some basic stock shaping...however the trigger needs to be inletted and the stock given final shape....does anyone know of someone who does this ? I can do t he final finishing but lack the tools and know how to get the rifle any further..any help would be greatley appreciated

Could you have found a more misleading title for your post? :shake: Just curious. Enjoy, J.D.

Pics would help. Why not try to do it yourself?

TinStar
Soli Deo Gloria!

Some pics would help a lot. Any IDs on any of the parts? You'd get more responses if pics were posted...otherwise it is indeed a "pig in the poke"......Fred

LOL i guess it is misleading its not really amazing ...but t he wood sure is ! So i pretty much need the trigger and trigger guard inletted and final shaping for the forarm....and that pretty much it
20130404085803.jpg
20130404085823.jpg
20130404085832.jpg

looks to be 80hrs worth of work maybe~lots of folks here can finish her.....I have 3 projects going now, or I would volunteer.

very nice grain!

Hope you find someone that will do that wood justice. I could be wrong but it looks to be an exceptional piece of English Walnut. Good Luck!!!
Robby

lol well then you dont want to see the piece of presentation grade quilted maple i have leaning in the corner.... :blah: it makes the walnut look like cork board :shocked2: Its amazing how things fall into your lap when u least expect it
20130405003621.jpg

When I see wood like that I'm certain the first thing out of peoples mouth when they see the finished gun is going to be.......,

"Nice Wood"! :rotf:

(It's a inside gun builders joke if you didn't know.) :)

Doesn't look like too much work is left! Inlet trigger & trigger guard, shape forearm and add nosecap, shape lock panels, polish, sand and stain. Couldn't take more than 15-20 hours max. I could do it but I'm halfway across the country from you!
And yes, BEAUTIFUL wood. :grin:

Both beautiful.
I prefer the English walnut one.
Don't let the final builder hide that figure with too dark a stain. Happens a lot. :( Some folks don't think it is right unless it looks like a Hershey bar.

Back