• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Almost Squirell Time

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its a 16, jugged full, I am still playing with powder shot combo. I really like this one for now

70 grains 2FF
2 over powder cards
1 1/4 ounce #6
2 over shot cards

these guys were close (15-20) yds I actually shot at 2 more, I got excited and shot through some leaves, vines, branches, it was pretty frustrating, seeing them leave the smoke cloud as I was fumbling around reloading. I really hadnt hunted or eaten a squirrel since I was a teenager, Now that I am getting into flintlocks I can see its another opportunity to be in the woods with my favorite gun.

Haha i feel bad for all you Americans. I live in British Columbia, Canada and We have tons on these little brown squirrels everywhere. if I actually hunted them i could probably shoot 30 in a day cause we have so many. There is also no bag limit and no closed season on them. They don't taste to great though cause all they have to eat is pine nuts.

Don't bother feeling bad for me or any other American, deep fried half grown gray squirrel, now that's some fine vittles. After these youngin's got off mama's milk they have been eating nothing but the hearts out of the shelled corn in my deer feeder.

You can feel bad for me. All y'all are getting to hunt squirrel and I'm not. I wonder why we can't hunt them in Alabama this time of year. We have loads of them. Must be some biologic reason. Guess I'll have to start another argument with the biologists at the coffee shop.

Skylinewatcher said:
I wonder why we can't hunt them in Alabama this time of year. We have loads of them. Must be some biologic reason.
Kentucky has had a spring season on both grey and fox squirrels for about 18 years. It must not cause any problem with the populations, because Kentucky Fish and Game says, "Squirrels are Kentucky’s most stable and abundant small game species." The early season is timed to fall between the two breeding seasons, the regular summer/fall season after the second.

Three more days. :grin:

Spence

Back