• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024 Turkey Hunting

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have both a spring and a fall season in NH. I have never hunted them in the fall because it runs during our Bear and Deer season. I see plenty of them from the stand, just never shot one that way. I enjoy the spring hunt because it is so interactive. Being able to talk back and forth with a big Tom until he is finally close enough is pretty exciting.

We have both a spring and a fall season in NH. I have never hunted them in the fall because it runs during our Bear and Deer season. I see plenty of them from the stand, just never shot one that way. I enjoy the spring hunt because it is so interactive. Being able to talk back and forth with a big Tom until he is finally close enough is pretty exciting.

Other than small game 30 years ago Ive not hunted due to lack of a place to do it other than some local WMAs that used to get insane

Finally met up with a guy and got into the woods he has. Deer move thru there at crack of dawn and that is it. Turkeys all over the place, so that is what I hunt.

And you are so right about being an active participant vs just hunkerin down and doin yer best to hide.

You betcha. But there's javelina to chase before then...

I took a nice tom with a trade gun last year. But I picked up a percussion 12 ga SxS last year that I'd like to get patterned & ready before Spring.

Flintlock, percussion, traditional bow, airgun... There's hardly a way to hunt turkey that isn't fun (and sometimes frustrating).

You betcha. But there's javelina to chase before then...

I took a nice tom with a trade gun last year. But I picked up a percussion 12 ga SxS last year that I'd like to get patterned & ready before Spring.

Flintlock, percussion, traditional bow, airgun... There's hardly a way to hunt turkey that isn't fun (and sometimes frustrating).
Javelina is on my list for sure. I have never had the chance to see one anywhere I have hunted yet. So many species, so little time.

I am not sure airgun is legal in my State for turkey, I have never looked it up, but I guess Air guns are a growing thing now. Good luck with the new sxs. I am still not sure what my choice is going to be this year, but I am sure it will go boom.

Got my percussion SxS ready & good to about 30 yards. The trade gun & longbow are ready as well. There's a lottery hunt nearby that's archery only & I know EXACTLY where to go for that one. This will be my 8th consecutive year applying for that hunt without success. It's always some idiots from the Bay or So Cal that get drawn & have neither the information nor the physical ability to hunt that place. Alas. I'll probably just sit on the border again & see if I can call one over to where I'm legal. I'm 2 for 3 on calling them over. Just got to actually make the shot this time.

i'm wating for season to open up march 15th, got a good number of long beards walking with the hens

These toms and hens were down by my creek the other day, NW Tennessee. I suspect they will be gone by the season in April
CC75F3D4-35D1-4D89-A791-CB72718D715A.jpeg
, as they were last year.

I'll be taking my TVM poor boy 20 gauge turkey hunting again this year, but only on the days when it's forecast to be rain free. On rainy days, I'll have one of my unmentionables.

i've been looking for a double barrel 10 ga for a long time, i use a ithaca mag 10, i use to hunt with a 410 and have lost a few, but i do like a 20 gauge

Finally! Last evening there were 18 turkeys, including two toms in my back yard. The first turkeys I've seen this year.
Spring turkey season opens here on April 13th.
april 13th, sounds late?? ours open up march 15th

i cannot wait too long,lol

Attachments

• IMG_3286.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3285.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3284.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3281.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 0
My understanding was it is to lower the fall hen kill as some areas of PA turkey numbers are down. It wasn’t a safety issue.
I believe you are right Jim. A lot of guys I know are really mad about it too. PA has a history of top notch Riflemen. More birds would be nice. I don't hunt the fall season in PA, I'm in Illinois deer hunting and visiting family then.

Back