• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Age of Forum Users

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK - Methinks this thread has just about run its course.
I will post the final results on a new post marked "Results - Age of Forum Users".
But for those reading here, of 134 users who reported, the average age is 48.4.
We are still guessing about Tipis, since she wants to remain "mysterious". But since she said she'd like to be 39 again, but balked at being called 59, I fugure she's right around what our average is - mid to late 40's (?).
Thanks to all for your participation.

IM jaybe :thumbsup:

Well then you and Mrs. Stumpkiller need to be extra careful then, or you need to stop using mailorder! :eek: :crackup:

So far looks like I take the bag as the youngest. I turned 20 on Dec. 8th. You old timers :blah: sure know you're stuff though. :redthumb:

I was born in Aug. 1954, I'll be 51 this year. I started muzzleloading about 1970, lasted until the late 80's. Then I thought I wanted to be a race car driver.(just local dirt tracks.) Just started back up. Seems the more things change, the more they stay the same! With the internet a lot more information is available.....loojack

Well you're close, but as I recall from a past a while back Backwoodshunter is 16 or 17. I don't think he posted here, but he did mention his age.

Well, I don't know. I am not twenty yet. I will be on march 17! :RO: :crackup:

51 Jan of this year, but the body feels around 103 most days, rode hard n put away wet, neither curried ner combed.YMHS Birdman

jaybe, I guess I'm one of the younger set here. I'm 37, been in the hobby over 20 years, though. Started out 'skinnin' and it just snowballed from there! I currently have three generations of my immediate family all in the hobby, my parents, me and my son! :redthumb:

Alllllright...there is another Lady on the site.:applause: I don't feel so lonely....not that you Gentlemen didn't make me feel at home :shocking:

But another Lady just makes me feel like I am the only one who joins in the comeradery. :what:

PS...the spell checker ain't working...and I need the spell checker...my editor says I need the spell checker...my English department knows I need a spell checker...so did my students.

As I was greeting the new people who have become members, it occurred to me that almost every day two to four new members come aboard. That led to the thought of the average age of forum members. Part of the concern about the future of the sport is attracting younger people to Muzzleloading - - so - what's your age?
I'll start - I'm 60.
:thumbsup:

57, and hoping soon to be 58 :thumbsup:

52 hard earned years come April. feels like 62, looks like 32 wanna be 22 LOL LOL actually my best years were 30 and 40's but I am liking my 50's

Let me take my shoes off and start counting..opps still not enough fingers and toes.
Old will be 20 years older that I will ever be so i guess 54 in May makes me still young :blah:

Woody

Just as I thought - we've had another 12 give their age since the last computation, and the average has changed only slightly - from 48.4 to 48.0. For a while there I thought it was going to come down quite a bit with all them youngin's coming on - but - looks like right around 48 is the average.

:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back