• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Honk Honk!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeeswaxguy

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello fellow muzzleloader enthusiasts. I'm the Beeswax Guy, from Canada... Eh.

I'm fairly new to this sport, so please bear with me while I try and pick your brains. A bit about me. I'm just at that age where all the cool people think I'm lame and all the old folks still call me whippersnapper, I have only been to one shoot so far - but I'm already on my second smokepole! My first was a used Pedersoli with a wavy bore and my second is a Traditions Hawken kit that I am almost finished. Hoping to take it to an event soon and sight it in. I am also trying to start an old fashioned carpentry/refinishing business using, you guessed it, beeswax. I figure this was the most used gun care product for frontiersmen, and pretty much a God given boon for anyone living back in those days. If you look into it beeswax is pretty dang versatile and I'm hoping to even sell hand creme too, but I digress.

I'll post some pictures of the Hawken maybe, unless Trudeau decides to make that illegal too!

Cheers.

I am also trying to start an old fashioned carpentry/refinishing business using, you guessed it, beeswax. I figure this was the most used gun care product for frontiersmen, and pretty much a God given boon for anyone living back in those days.

Welcome
You will find, I think, that on the "frontier", beeswax wasn't that prevalent, as it would be in a village or town situation. Most lighting was not done with candles, and honey bees were a European import. In fact the Indian sometimes referred to honey bees as "the white man's fly" since their appearance coincided with the encroachment of white settlements. Folks on the frontier in lone farms or with just a fort for protection, likely didn't have access to bees. The most used gun care products were grease and oil. ;) But this is a discussion for another thread in another part of the forum.....

LD

Welcome from Alberta. Where ‘bouts in Canada you from?
Walk
I too hail from the land of oil and honey! I was an ABPA member for 2020 and 2021 but my membership has lapsed. Maybe we will see each other at the Sherwood Park event? I'll be the guy talking loudly about beeswax and trying to keep my wife from running away at every volley!

I too hail from the land of oil and honey! I was an ABPA member for 2020 and 2021 but my membership has lapsed. Maybe we will see each other at the Sherwood Park event? I'll be the guy talking loudly about beeswax and trying to keep my wife from running away at every volley!
Ahh, but Sherwood Park has just been cancelled. Camrose is the weekend before and red deer the weekend after, but elk season opens that same weekend….
Walk

Welcome from Southern Illinois (Not Chicago in any way shape or form)! I’m also too old to be cool and too young to be a seasoned citizen. 59 to be exact.

Welcome from South Louisiana. A friend has honey bee hives and gives me some honey combs I get wax from. Wood screws dipped in bees wax before using is the bee's knees.

Attachments

• 20220818_184030.jpg
    20220818_184030.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20220820_130300.jpg
    20220820_130300.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back