• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

+ Experience

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok it says Facebook because I lack the skills to change that.

I bought a musket from a member here recently and thought I'd post some comments on the sale and possibly some other things too.

The gun:
https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/...et-commemorative-edition.152893/#post-2280928I was very pleased to find the gun exactly as described. It couldn't be any nicer if I had picked it up new directly from a dealer. It's so nice I'm dithering about shooting it or not.

Shipping:
From the time it was dropped off at FedEx till it was handed to me on my back steps was less than 24 hours (PA to VA). The young driver was very courteous and friendly and not worried about my dog who greeted him.

Packaging:
The seller had gone to great lengths to make a box from several Amazon boxes. There were sturdy cardboard cradles to locate the gun and it was surrounded by airbags and brown paper. An excellent packaging job.

Communication:
The seller constantly updated the status of my payment and shipping by phone including the tracking number. A totally painless and very satisfying transaction.

I have bought and sold a number of items here on the forum and all have been very good experiences with one exception and I should have read the signs and backed out. My fault, I wanted the items and let that influence me. In this case the seller disappeared from the forum shortly after the sale was completed. It seems I still have lessons to learn at my age. :) We are fortunate to be a part of a community of honest and decent people and I have no fear of dealing with the members here.

I am continuously impressed by the levels of knowledge and the skill sets of the members here. Even more impressive is their willingness to share those and the patience they show while answering even the most basic questions over and over again. I have learned a lot over the years I have been a member and I hope that I have been able to help some with my limited knowledge. I have a wide range of interests and belong to a number of forums but this is the one where I spend most of my time and get the most enjoyment.

Attachments

• 245189626_4368760439887172_7174077047578102090_n.jpg
    245189626_4368760439887172_7174077047578102090_n.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
I've bought a few muzzleloading related items from gentleman in the states that has gone smoothly, a bag from a guy on instagram and a knife from a guy on another forum. Bag was perfect, the knife was wobbly so I had to peen them, I think that was because of climactic changes in getting over here. I redid the edge on the knife because it wasn't crash hot but that's no big deal. Did contact a guy on this forum about a gun build, can't make a review because he never bothered replying.

It's a pretty decent group of fellas here for the most part.

Back