• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Addiction

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwilfong

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A year ago, I didn't own a functional M/L handgun; just a .45 flinter built from a kit many years ago & undergoing a rebuild. Here's my motley collection today, & it's all y'all's fault :nono:
HPIM0588.jpg

The ASM Walker has been a great frustration.
The ROA is a wonderful piece of machinery. I can shoot better 25 yards groups with it than my 45 Blackhawk.
The '62 Pocket Navy is a great little shooter; still getting the sight picture figured out. Great balance & very slick action tho. Bought it on Gunbroker thinking it was a '51 Navy; which is still on my want list.
The Baby Dragoon is cute but hard to shoot well, & not as slick as the Pocket Navy.
The Pocket Remington just arrived today, as yet unfired but I'll correct that tomorrow & report my findings.
The NAA Super Companion .22 is another cute little piece; very hard to hit anything with but really noisy & fun.
The Ethan Allen single shot .45 is capable of good groups. The sights are kind of course & it's finicky to load for reliable ignition.

Very nice collection and yes I understand the addiction. I choose not to admit how many additions I have had over the past couple of years. And now I'm into vintage scopes, too. Good thing I still have a paycheck coming in. This addiction helps to prevent me from saving more.

But They are fine instruments and functional. And yes I enjoy shooting them and looking at them.

lol. over the summer i bought a cheap brass framed remmy style repro, cuz i couldnt afford a cartrage gun. now i have a colt style brass frame .44, and just traded for a .410 smoothbore flintlock pistol and a .38 curly maple full stock 36 inch barrel custom squirrely gun. :D and the only reason i dont have more, is cuz im always broke. so yea, know the feelin. :v

Great collection, now maybe you need an example of the 1860 Army to round out your collection? :thumbsup:

Hey TLAR! Good to hear from you again! the 1860 is on the list after the '51 Navy.

I have an ASM Walker and I have not been able to get it to be safe to fire. It is now a wall hanger.

Just gave my ASM Walker to Ozark57 for a wallhanger. It was on it's way to the dumpster otherwise :( BUT; I've been playing with the ASM Pocket Remington & it seems OK & I'm not sure that my '62 Pocket Navy isn't ASM & I really like it; so IMHO not all ASM's are necessarily junk :hmm:

Tell me a little more about your ASM Walker. Why are you so frustrated with it? I own one and my complaint is the chambers are smaller than the groove diameter. I have a cure for that though but I would like to here what your complaints are.
:idunno:

HH 60

IIRC; 1st trip to the range with the ASM Walker; the hand spring broke. Not a big deal; just point the muzzle down while cocking. Replaced that. Next time out; about the 3rd cylinder full, the base pin broke in front of the cutout for the wedge; allowing the barrel to start coming off the frame. Fixed that (bunch of work, using the back 1/2 of the old base pin & screwing a new front 1/2 made from pre-heatreated 4140 into the the old part). Next trip out, the bolt spring broke. Fixed that. Next trip, the replacement hand spring broke & that's when I threw in the towel. Total shots downrange

Addiction??? Who has an Addiction? Not me, 15 BP handguns and counting. I am buying it so my wife has something to sell to bury me. it's a hedge to infaltion.

Sounds like a boat anchor. I think you should just give it away and start with a new Uberti. I would take it off your hands...... :grin:
BTW...nice collection. I only have 3 at present. You have a good representation across the board there! :v

So far, only had a broken bolt/ trigger spring. Couldn't buy a new one. Had to make one myself. Chambers are under bore size but I can fix that. Found out that parts are hard to find for ASM pistols. The company, I was told, no longer exists.

HH 60

(cue 'mad scientist' laugh)

to paraphrase the little green fellow, once blackpowder smoke smelled have you, forever will it dominate your range time...

nice collection, may it grow and improve with time!

No doubt it will :thumbsup: It's great to find one you want & just buy it & have it shipped to your door without the hassle of paperwork & going thru a dealer. And I find myself concentrating on the basics more rather than burning bunches of cartridges.

Back