• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A little help from my friends.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Good people make the best times when you're down and not feeling well. I got bit by some type of bug, the no-see-em-type, felt like the flu but over it for the most part. Jay (he makes the best moonshine) comes pulling up the drive with the usual honk and a possum eating grin. We talked a bit about all that's been going on or hasn't, wanted to get me to go to the M/C rally that's in the area, just this and that. I said I wasn't up to par for the party and to go ahead, tell everyone I said hi. With that he sat a couple of boxes and three ammo cans on my truck and told me he got some of the stuff at an auction, the rest he had at his place but didn't need em and you would. Jay's an odd duck, I'm sure everyone knows one. He left, run to the rally and watch the bikes and the gals but that's ok. I have a couple of days of stuff to play with here.

My loot and about 150 pounds of lead.
And the cylinder with the stand fits with my pair of ASM 1858s.

Attachments

• 20190830_173613 (2).jpg
    20190830_173613 (2).jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 20190901_163326 (2).jpg
    20190901_163326 (2).jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 20190901_162747.jpg
    20190901_162747.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 200
Blogman, Glad you're feeling better. Good friends are a treasure in this life. I keep an eye open for their interests and they do that for me. That's how I was surprised with about 60 pounds of pure lead, three cans of Goex 4F powder, and a bunch of the felt I use for lubed wads. Getting the items was nice. The consideration from my friends made it special.

Jeff
PS: Those cans of 4F will fill the pan on my flintlocks about 7,000 times. That's a LOT of shootin'. I keep a can in the shooting box in case someone needs to fill their priming tool.

Latest posts

Back