• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A&H parts ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebel

Cannon
Reaction score
Now that A&H has gone under does anyone know os a source to get parts for the? Need a frzzen for one. This is for a new A&H rifle. The frizzen appears to have had the screw hole drilled off center and the outer edge of the hole is VERY thin at the top. Also, the frizzen flops back and forth when open, the tail needs to be bent down towards the spring to put some tension on it. Can the tail be heated and bent down just a little without affecting the hardness of the frizzen?

I thought you done got rid of everything except for that smoothbore? Or did you pick up another one?
Scott

A good friend of mine, who is also a member here,gave me this A&H the other day. It has only had 3 balls fired through it so far by him. I don't even have a .50 cal mould or rd balls for it so can't even fire it yet.

Thanks. The vent hole was way too low, about half covered at the front of the pan but i deepened and widened the pan and then polished it up and think it will be ok.

Hummmm :hmm: what does that saying about making silk from a sow's ear refer to again? Probably need to get another A&H for parts. I got a percussion one that has been working just fine, guess I'm a lucky one.

Rebel-I went through the same type problems with my AH flinter.My vent is (was) to low ,tried every vent known to man.I have a white lighting vent in mine now and it is very fast.I also ground the pan and polished,this was when I was trying different vents.AH take the same vent as CVA/Traditions,I would not waste my time again,just go with the white lightning.As far as the frizzen,mine did the same thing,very sloppy fit.Mine kept breaking the frizzen springs(3),finally sent the lock to Steve Zihn(forum member).He made a frizzen spring and repaired the old frizzen(frizzen fits and work's correctly now).You can not switch locks from percussion to flint because(as a drop in ) of the lock plate size.They are a different.My AH prefers a .490 ball and .015 patch,fortunately they are good shooters.Mine has always been a good sparker,after Steve worked on the lock, very easy on flints.I tried parts from LR lock co.,nothing really comes close to fitting.I checked with Stan Hollenbaugh,said he could make new parts.Sorry for being so long winded,just trying to save you some time and maybe reduce your level of frustration.I hope this helps..Respectfully Montanadan

Thanks for the info Dan. It appears that the tail on the frizzen just needs to be bent down a little so the it is in contact with the frizzen spring. But i tried putting the frizzen in a vise and heating the tail to bend it but it wouldn't bend. Not sure what kind of metal they used in them and don't want to break it since i am not having any luck finding another one. What size White Lightening liner did you use? The liner in this one isn't to far from the top of the flat and i don't know if a WL liner in 5/16" will fit and be below the barrel flat.

First the frizzen is cast steel. You will only bend the toe( Its not a tail) by heating it to the point that steel sparks are starting to spit off the piece. That is about white-orange in color, and is very hot. You probably will need an Oxy-Acetylene torch instead of a propane gas torch.

It might be cheaper and easier to simply put a bit of weld on the bottom of the toe, and then file it to the right size to take up the slack you have.

I wonder since they are both made in Spain, if a CVA frizzen and frizzen spring would fit on it? Anybody tried it?

YOu might call Dixie Gun Works tomorrow, or Track of the wolf, Surely someone at those two shops could answer that question.

I planned on calling Track tomorrow morning because i placed an online order with them Sat for a rd ball mould for it and i was going to ask them about a frizzen and spring for it to be added to the order if they have them.

Rebel-I tried both Dixie and Track,they have never stocked or had any AH parts.I tried a frizzen spring from LR lock,when I heated the spring to bend it(just slightly red)it fell a part do to poor casting( a rather large air pocket).The white Lightning I used is the 3/8.Mine was drilled so low,that had to use a center bore machine from friend of mine's shop.I used the 3/8 because I could then center the vent in the barrel.You are lucky because your AH was a gift,I actually purchased mine.I now have more time and money in mine,I could have easily built a kit.I hope this helps....Respectfully Montanadan (quality control killed this company)

Thanks Dan. I think by deepening and polishing the pan like i did it will be ok, but still need to get the frizzen to quit flopping. Think Pauls isea of a bit of weld on it may be the answer. Going to try a bit of JB Weld firs tand see if that solves it. It does spark good.

Back