• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A few pics of some of my handmade stuff

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Howdy fellers. I've never posted any pictures of the stuff I make on here so thought I would share. Oddly enough, I'm not one to take a lot of pictures but I ran across a few on my laptop while looking for something else and thought I would put up a few. These are all old, and most of what I do now is a little bit different, so I guess I need to get with the times and take more pictures. In the picture with the food, that is from one of my articles in Backwoodsman magazine about homemade MRE's. I made the bags, knives, sheaths, ball starter, powder measure, and other accoutrements. Well, I did not make the suede bag. It is a TC bag from when I first got into black powder. My wife made the sourdough and I made the pemmican and parched corn. That was a fun project and one of the reasons I enjoyed writing for them. Haven't written an article for them since the two year cancer fight started so I think it may be time to get back to it.

Attachments

• Junk Phonme Pics 11-29-22 047.jpg
    Junk Phonme Pics 11-29-22 047.jpg
    558.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Junk Phonme Pics 11-29-22 137.jpg
    Junk Phonme Pics 11-29-22 137.jpg
    375.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Junk Phonme Pics 11-29-22 587.jpg
    Junk Phonme Pics 11-29-22 587.jpg
    699.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Phone Pics 2-12-23 057.jpg
    Phone Pics 2-12-23 057.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • WP_20190617_09_28_11_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190617_09_28_11_Pro.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • WP_20190718_10_42_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190718_10_42_41_Pro.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • WP_20190927_10_59_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20190927_10_59_10_Pro.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • WP_20191018_14_03_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191018_14_03_34_Pro.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • WP_20191123_08_57_23_Pro.jpg
    WP_20191123_08_57_23_Pro.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • WP_20200208_15_29_04_Pro.jpg
    WP_20200208_15_29_04_Pro.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
Damn fine work.

Especially the leather lock protector.

And thanks for inspiring me to finish the front sight install on my stubby rifle build.

Time to bust out those triangular files.
Good luck with that filing. I've gotta do the same thing on a trapper project I'm working on. I really don't like filing dovetails...

Tell us about that short rifle!
Well it was an Ardesa boarding carbine in .45 flint. Don't remember the barrel length but she was alotta fun. In a moment of stupidity I sold it online and have missed it ever since. I suspect one of the regular members on here now has it and just haven't asked him if he wanted to sell it back. Planning to though. In the mean time I'm working on a Traditions .50 that will be about the same size. These shorties are a bunch of fun. I recommend them.

Well it was an Ardesa boarding carbine in .45 flint. Don't remember the barrel length but she was alotta fun. In a moment of stupidity I sold it online and have missed it ever since. I suspect one of the regular members on here now has it and just haven't asked him if he wanted to sell it back. Planning to though. In the mean time I'm working on a Traditions .50 that will be about the same size. These shorties are a bunch of fun. I recommend them.
Thanks, I have a Charles Daly percussion .50 I have thought about cutting back some.

Howdy fellers. I've never posted any pictures of the stuff I make on here so thought I would share. Oddly enough, I'm not one to take a lot of pictures but I ran across a few on my laptop while looking for something else and thought I would put up a few. These are all old, and most of what I do now is a little bit different, so I guess I need to get with the times and take more pictures. In the picture with the food, that is from one of my articles in Backwoodsman magazine about homemade MRE's. I made the bags, knives, sheaths, ball starter, powder measure, and other accoutrements. Well, I did not make the suede bag. It is a TC bag from when I first got into black powder. My wife made the sourdough and I made the pemmican and parched corn. That was a fun project and one of the reasons I enjoyed writing for them. Haven't written an article for them since the two year cancer fight started so I think it may be time to get back to it.
My jealousy of your talents knows no bounds, you and a few like yourself have gifts that I can only admire. 🥳

Well thanks. I'm really just a so-so craftsman. Between leather work, knife making, and all my other jobs, I'm not an expert at any of it. But I do enjoy it though.
You have a quality that many of us lack in that you are willing to take on a challenge that is out of our comfort zone. 👀

Latest posts

Back