• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A complaint about Tallpine’s blades

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our forum member here, Tallpine, (Dan, once you meet him) makes and sells a lot of blades here on this forum. Hawks too.

@tallpine

I have five of his blades, and one hawk. Pictured below is the patch knife he made when a friend contacted him to buy me a present.

Looks like a nice knife. Very well made. The problem is the blade. That little patch knife, since I got it last fall, has cleaned two deer (except for a few strokes with a hawk) and stabbed a small pig to death. It also did a couple of other minor knife jobs. All good so far, right?

Well a couple days ago I bought a leather motorcycle vest for $20 because it had this ugly patch sewn on the back, no problem I’ll just cut the threads off with a seam ripper. But I couldn’t find one…so in desperation I pulled this patch knife.

I was literally done in five minutes. When I was done my son walked up to me with his knife (not a Tallpine product) and an Arkansas stone and asked me to show him how to sharpen a blade…it had been so long since I had done that…I had forgotten how!

Damn it, Dan! You are responsible for this! And you made me look like a dunce in front of my boy! Unforgivable!!

IMG_2387.jpeg

IMG_2388.jpeg

IMG_2389.jpeg

Last edited:
Our forum member here, Tallpine, (Dan, once you meet him) makes and sells a lot of blades here on this forum. Hawks too.

@tallpine

I have five of his blades, and one hawk. Pictured below is the patch knife he made when a friend contacted him to buy me a present.

Looks like a nice knife. Very well made. The problem is the blade. That little patch knife, since I got it last fall, has cleaned two deer (except for a few strokes with a hawk) and stabbed a small pig to death. It also did a couple of other minor knife jobs. All good so far, right?

Well a couple days ago I bought a leather motorcycle vest for $20 because it had this ugly patch sewn on the back, no problem I’ll just cut the threads off with a seam ripper. But I couldn’t find one…so in desperation I pulled this patch knife.

I was literally done in five minutes. When I was done my son walked up to me with his knife (not a Tallpine product) and an Arkansas stone and asked me to show him how to sharpen a blade…it had been so long since I had done that…I had forgotten how!

Damn it, Dan! You are responsible for this! And you made me look like a dunce in front of my boy! Unforgivable!!

View attachment 235396

View attachment 235397

View attachment 235398

Stabbed a small pig to death? That sounds like a story in itself. :)

I love shaggy dog stories with happy endings. I was prepared for some serious complaining before the turn.

Stabbed a small pig to death? That sounds like a story in itself. :)

I love shaggy dog stories with happy endings. I was prepared for some serious complaining before the turn.

No pics so I can’t defend my veracity, but let’s just say my aim was a bit off with LaReyna my .62 caliber Hawken gun, and leave it at that.

Buy a knife from this man. You will not be disappointed.

I have 4 of Dan's knives plus a mouse hawk he fashioned. And I have given 2 of his smaller knives to lady friends for their purses. He researches diligently and does beautiful work. I asked him to make a replica of the Shanghai police department daggers of the 1930's and it is one of my favorite things.

Well, all of Brazoland's complaining about Tallpine's knives made me feel left out of the conversation. So I ordered one up so Brazo didn't have to "suffer" alone. I hope to be suffering with him shortly. What are friends for anyway? ;)

Latest posts

Back