• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A beautiful day to be out!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maestro

Reaction score
We had some gorgeous weather here in PA last weekend with the highs in the upper 70's (it's hot & humid now). It was a wonderful opportunity to be out enjoying God's great outdoors. We went to one of our favorite state public game lands. I took a couple of photos of my 6 year old son. He said of couple of interesting things while we were out... "I miss Mom and my sister but I don't really want to go back home yet." I had to smile.

June07%20014.JPG

June07%20016.JPG

I was toting my new club butt fowler and missed a couple of starlings. My son said, "They ought to make a gun that you don't have to load each time so you can shoot it again real fast." I just smiled again. :wink: :hatsoff:

Very nice pics. You have a nice son, which you can be proud of. His outfit is also nice. Have ordered a 18th century outfit for my 5 years old son too and got it 2 weeks ago from Sara. The only thing we are waiting for is the threecorn hat.

Regards

Kirrmeister

The first pic of Harrison is really good. The look on his face shows the maturity that a kid in the 18th century would have. His kit looks great also! He looks like he's been doing this 18th century thing longer than we have :confused:

Kirrmeister said:
Very nice pics. You have a nice son, which you can be proud of. His outfit is also nice. Have ordered a 18th century outfit for my 5 years old son too and got it 2 weeks ago from Sara. The only thing we are waiting for is the threecorn hat.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Thanks, Kirrmeister - keep an eye out at events for 2nd hand kids clothes - my son's shirt and breeches were both about $5 used. There's always a lot of wear left in them considering how fast they outgrow them. I got his hunting frock on ebay!

RiverRat said:
The look on his face shows the maturity that a kid in the 18th century would have.

:shocked2: Boy, pictures can surely distort the truth, can't they!? :haha:

RiverRat said:
He looks like he's been doing this 18th century thing longer than we have :confused:

Well, I've only been doing it for 3 years... he's been doing it for half his lifetime! :rotf:

Thanks, Gerry! Give our best to Mrs. Rat! :hatsoff:

Great pics! Kids say the funniest things sometimes, and alot of hoesty in a childs words! :grin:
Enjoy them while you can, just about the time you get real tight, they become a teenager and you become so dumb. About the time you start to get smart and like their attitudes again, they have grown and gone!
Ah I am looking forward to grandkids though. Papa is going to get revenge. Spoil the hell out of them and send um home!
Great pics!!!!!!! :bow:

I've said this before and I will say it again. It is always great to see youngins being brought up the right way. :hatsoff:

You are making great memories for that boy!!
Great photos
Some of my best experiences are when my dad took us squirrel hunting in the Minnesota woods in October.
I can still taste those those salami sandwiches we had packed for lunch:grin:
Good on you
Dan

Der Musiker said:
My son said, "They ought to make a gun that you don't have to load each time so you can shoot it again real fast." I just smiled again. :wink: :hatsoff:
Super pic and a great day with the young'un. :thumbsup:
You must tell him we heard they wanna make one of those fast loaders but we don't think it will ever catch on. Too ugly and without hammers :nono:

Der Musiker said:
"I miss Mom and my sister but I don't really want to go back home yet."
Der Musiker,
Take mom and sis next time, and nobody will want to go home:wink:. Great pics! Thanks for sharing them.
snake-eyes:hatsoff:

Back