• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

A barrel I would like to use.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 226358View attachment 226359View attachment 226360View attachment 226361
I posted this before, I think, but...the two spots on the underside of my barrel, where I guess lugs were originally, have pieces of brass attached. I can see numbers or letters on them so they must have been made from a coin(?) or medal. I wish I could see enough letters or numbers to figure out what it/they were. There are only two. The pics show each, upside down and right side up(?).
IMG_20230608_110206869_HDR.jpg

I know it would be a long shot for anyone to recognize and identify it but here's a better pic of a now very clean piece on the barrel.
I can see...ago
TE
Anybody got a clue?

The bore is not cleaning up like I hoped it would. My original goal was to get the lands, at least shiny. Now I would be satisfied with a bore that was smooth enough not to fray/snag patches. Still working on that.
I didn't have a cleaning rod that would go into a .36 cal bore so I bought a kit for rimfires. Promptly broke it at the swivel near the T handle.

Interested in watching how this turns out. If you cannot get the bore smooth as you want, is it possible to have the bore reamed/cut out to make it a .37 or 38 cal it pitting is not too deep?

Back