• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.58 TC Hawken

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• IMG_2914.jpeg
    IMG_2914.jpeg
    579.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2915.jpeg
    IMG_2915.jpeg
    545.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2916.jpeg
    IMG_2916.jpeg
    582.8 KB · Views: 0
I found a .58 TC Hawken flintlock, never fired, mint condition. Seller is asking $2500. Seems high to me. Thoughts?
Thoughts? For $2500 I’d almost consider offering you two 58 caliber Hoyt rebores, one flint, one percussion, both in pristine TC Hawken stocks with Davis triggers. But would feel guilty.

Your money, but $2500? Maybe $700-$800 if you see it as an investment and have no plans to shoot it. Once shot, maybe $500-$600.

Even today, $2500 buys a lot more gun than a TC Hawken, even a ‘rare’ custom shop one.

IMO that's too much even though those are among the most rare TC's out there. However, if it's a complete factory built one I doubt anyone on here can find another to sell to ya cheaper. After many years being dumbstruck by what folks pay for the old farm machinery that drifts through the dealership I work at I've come to the conclusion that. Wherever there is something for sale there is someone with money burning a hole in their pocket wanting to buy it real bad no matter the price.

How bad do ya want it?

Wait on Mr. Jim and when the Hawkin comes out take your $2500.00 and order the best wood, carved, and have Jim put it together and the left over cash can go to an extra ram rod and some flints a few pounds of powder and a Big Mac Value meal (if he hurries, the way were headed you may have to abandon the value meal).

Wait on Mr. Jim and when the Hawkin comes out take your $2500.00 and order the best wood, carved, and have Jim put it together and the left over cash can go to an extra ram rod and some flints a few pounds of powder and a Big Mac Value meal (if he hurries, the way were headed you may have to abandon the value meal).
Yep, the problem with anything Mr. Jim sells is that it will not be all that rare. His offerings have brought prices down on some items in my opinion. Maybe economy of scale in play?

That $2500 number just seems like a GB price that gets reposted until someone loses interest or forgets to repost. There is a lot of rare stuff out there that doesn’t sell for big bucks, no matter the asking price. But if someone wants it bad enough and has a pocket full of money……. SOLD.

Some ppl love collecting TC's. That looks to be a rare one especially in flint. $2500 is way too high in my opinion, more like the crazy price. He might win big on GB but not 2.5 big. I still have my 58 Big Boar I bought brand new back in 93, I paid $300 something for it out of the Dixie catalog, I've seen a few of those sell for $600 to $700

Back