• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.40 strikes again.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muley Graves

32 Cal
Reaction score
Another good ML Season, I think this makes 12 bucks, 8 pigs, a few coyotes and a bunch of squirrels.

Attachments

• IMG_1239.jpeg
    IMG_1239.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0409.jpeg
    IMG_0409.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Well Done!! Congrats Sir! I also would love to here about your load. Roundball or conical?

Can you provide the details of the hunt and what load you used? Like the odd rack!
I seen him chasing doe’s across a small field about 8am, lost sight of them then about 830 a doe came running by, then 2 minutes later this guy comes walking up, was limping pretty good, I let him get about 5 yds away then double lunges him…that little .390 ball made mush out of them lungs with a complete pass thru.

His limp looked like he was maybe injured in a fight, maybe 4” deep wound in shoulder definitely survivable but now he’s in freezer. 😉

Well Done!! Congrats Sir! I also would love to here about your load. Roundball or conical?
I only use a .390prb. Spit patch mostly. Over 60gr of Fffg. I try to keep my shots at 60yds or less, this shot was just a few yards.

Not bragging but this load rings a 10” cast iron pan at 100yds every shot. I get about 10-12 accurate shots before wiping.
I always pick the flash hole before priming.

Kinda funny, thinking back last several years, I’ve fired 5 shots, 5 deer, in about 5 hours on stand, all before 9am.

Nice buck. Antlers and bases lead me to suspect he was an OLD boy that was starting to decrease in points each year, but still with long beams and big bases... Did you have a chance to age him using his teeth?
Bucks like that, to me, are REAL trophies, given the years they have survived.

I only use a .390prb. Spit patch mostly. Over 60gr of Fffg. I try to keep my shots at 60yds or less, this shot was just a few yards.

Not bragging but this load rings a 10” cast iron pan at 100yds every shot. I get about 10-12 accurate shots before wiping.
I always pick the flash hole before priming.

Kinda funny, thinking back last several years, I’ve fired 5 shots, 5 deer, in about 5 hours on stand, all before 9am.
I have picked up a .40 cal Flinter this year and planning on deer hunting with it this fall. Thanks for the info!

Back