• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

36 cal maxi ball

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamperkk

40 Cal
Reaction score
i just recent got a hawkens 36 cal seneca and found my old 36 cal maxi ball mould,,,made around 100 this morning they are 128 grains of soft lead, but that don't mean i will shoot these bullets in this gun,lol

Attachments

• IMG_1084.JPG
    IMG_1084.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 40
Why not? Your gun was made for shooting them. I shoot them in my Traditions Frontier. It moves the .36 up to a varmit capable shooting. Have popped a couple of woodchucks with mine,

i just recent got a hawkens 36 cal seneca and found my old 36 cal maxi ball mould,,,made around 100 this morning they are 128 grains of soft lead, but that don't mean i will shoot these bullets in this gun,lol
So, whats the price and is shipping included?

If this is just a post telling folks about your making bullets it is the wrong place. If it is about selling some or all of them, we need to know the price.

sorry i just wanted to show what i made this morning,,not ready to sell,,,maybe later

Why not? Your gun was made for shooting them. I shoot them in my Traditions Frontier. It moves the .36 up to a varmit capable shooting. Have popped a couple of woodchucks with mine,
I was going to shoot the gun until I found out it was never shot, mint condition, inside the barrel still has blueing kinda hate to shoot it

Congrats on finding a sweet Seneca, been wanting one for forever, never had money when I found one, never found one when I had money. I still would shoot it, just me.

I was going to shoot the gun until I found out it was never shot, mint condition, inside the barrel still has blueing kinda hate to shoot it

I have never understood this reasoning. What good is it if ya don't shoot it? Might as well just have pictures of guns if all ya wanta do is look at them.

I had an unfired .32 cherokee on my wall for years. One day I said,"well this is stupid, might as well shoot it". Glad I did. Just give in and shoot it, BTW those maxi's shoot great out of my Seneca.

i had one long ago and use it quite abit,,that maxi ball was deadly, shot squirrels, and a few deer with it, this was a very accrate shooting gun,,,stupid me i sold it in the early 90's

I had an unfired .32 cherokee on my wall for years. One day I said,"well this is stupid, might as well shoot it". Glad I did. Just give in and shoot it, BTW those maxi's shoot great out of my Seneca.
yes they shoot very well,,,i also have round ball mould for that gun, old lee round ball mould

Having a beautiful gun like that and not shooting it, is like getting married to a beautiful girl and not going to bed with her.

That's just silly. Either shoot it or sell it and let someone enjoy it for what it was intended for. About 2 years ago I bought an unfired Win big Bore 94 in 375 Win. Well it ain't unfired anymore. I love that rifle. Shoots great and pretty to look at.
I had a 32 Cherokee that was fun to shoot but sold it. Many years ago I bought a .45 Seneca (early 70s) but like a dummy sold that too. I'd like to get my hands on a 36 or 45 Seneca or Cherokee now.

Latest posts

Back