• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

.31 cal. Remington Pocket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking into buying a brass framed .31 cal. Remington Pocket revolver. Can someone who has one (or had one) suggest a modest load for round ball and wonder wads?

Looking into buying a brass framed .31 cal. Remington Pocket revolver. Can someone who has one (or had one) suggest a modest load for round ball and wonder wads?
Hi,
I have had two brass framed .31 cal. Remingtons.
Their quality was terrible! Try and find the steel model, they are much better.
The brass models are very nice to look at, but that is all they have going for them.

be pushing it to ram a ball down in mine with a wonder wad. I would use 4f and see how much you can load and still seat under rim of chamber. 3f 10 gr in mine and the ball is known to bounce off the ol pine tree on occasion.

That said mine is brass and has worked fine (10-12 gr aint gonna stretch a brass frame), one of my favorites. Nipple must be fabricated tho, aint gonna find a new one.

According to Track of the Wolf's web site their # PTC-PI (carbon steel) or PTC-PS (stainless steel) nipples should work for the Colt and the Remington Pocket pistols.

These nipples have a #12-28 UNF thread (M5.5-0.9 metric thread). The measurement over the outside of the nipple thread should be about .213 inches.

To find these nipples scroll about half way down the page in this link

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/807/2

Back