• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2 band enfield purchase

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck76239

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm a new guy. I'm sort of into civil war muskets. I have a reproduction '61 springfield, I like the gun, but it's big and clunky, so it mostly spends its time looking pretty on my wall.
Then I bought a zouave, but the sights are terrible and it didn't shoot all that well.

My uncle has a 2 band enfield, I tried it out one day at the range, and fell in love with it. I'd like to get one... Which is better? Armisport or Euroarms? I believe "The regimental Quartermaster" has the best price, anyone have any experiece with them?

Was the 2 band enfield most used for Artillery units?

Thanks!

There is the 2 band with 24" barrel and one with 33". The 24" is the Artillery Musketoon. Look at S&S Firearms in Glendale, NY. I think they have any price beat!

P

Regimental Quartermaster is cheaper than S&S but I don't know about shipping. Both seem to be good companies to deal with.

Musketoon $445.00 S&S Euroarms

2 band Rifle $485.00 S&S

Musketoon $475.00 RQ

The 2 band is cheaper at Regimental Quartermaster,$475, that is the rifle ck76239 was asking about. Not by much, but a little. Have to check the price on shipping though, that might make the difference.

If you want a shooter get a James River Skirmish grade or an old Parker Hale England made Enfield.

I just sold mine listed onthe for sale section
witch i will take down
its a euroarms that been shot alot and has held up very well and a real pleasure to shoot
sights are pretty good and the nice thing is euroarms is NSSA appoved for being very correct not sure the about the others
I bought this one to go along with my bess but found i enjoy smooth bores so hence the only reason i sold it
I have shot the armisport?? version and it shot about as good

so i can say i was very happy to my euroarms 2 band enfield rifled musketoon

Always wanted a Musketoon. Would use it as a shooter and probably hunt with it if practical.

I see the Euroarms version has a 1:48 twist. Is that what the originals had? Will it shoot PRB or is it strictly a mini shooter? What would be a good deer hunting load?
Bob

My Parker-Hale Musketoon with 55 grs of 3FFFg and a 563 gr Smooth sided Pritchette Ball will pass through a deer from the left front shoulder out the right ham!

I took a buffalo with it in 2007 with same bullet and 70gr of 3FFFg. It smakes hard!

From what I see the Euro Arms uses the same, progressive depth rifling and same twist rate as the original.

P

the groves in a muskatoon barrel are shallow
( not deep) . It was designed to shoot minnies the best, but it will handle round balls fairly well to 60-75 yards....and also the pritchett bullet if you are Lucky enough to have the pritchett mold!

euroarms is NSSA period correct musketoon
rifleing is .006 deep

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty sure I'm going to order one from the regimental quartermaster.

Thanks again!

Back