• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1865 to 1900?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Secesh

Ol’ Heavy 50
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
What forum would it be proper to post a question regarding percussion muzzleloaders built during this 35 year time frame? There were some fine rifles built during that era.

Percussion forum? Most everything I read about there is contemporary or mass production rifles.

Last edited:
I would contact the United States Postal Service.

They're an authority on black powder firearms.

Or so I've heard.

PS: I'd wager that if you searched for Post Civil War Weapons Forum or Colt Revolver Forum or Spencer Rifle Forum, they'd put you in touch with what you're looking for. Or they may have the answers themselves.

Whatever you do, don't ask those questions here. The very last thing we need is you getting answers from people you already trust.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I would contact the United States Postal Service.

They're an authority on black powder firearms.

Or so I've heard.

PS: I'd wager that if you searched for Post Civil War Weapons Forum or Colt Revolver Forum or Spencer Rifle Forum, they'd put you in touch with what you're looking for. Or they may have the answers themselves.

Whatever you do, don't ask those questions here. The very last thing we need is you getting answers from people you already trust.

Good luck.
Your reply totally confused me but maybe my OP confused you.

I‘m speaking of where, on this site, is the proper place to post about MUZZLELOADERS built between 1865 and 1900. Both, the “Firearms Identification” and “Original Antique Firearm Identification” forums are restricted to MUZZLELOADERS built prior to 1865.

Last edited:
What forum would it be proper to post a question regarding percussion muzzleloaders built during this 35 year time frame? There were some fine rifles built during that era.

Percussion forum? Most everything I read about there is contemporary or mass production rifles.
I think you could post it in the percussion rifles forum. I would agree, there were some interesting muzzleloaders produced during that timeframe. 1900 is more than a century past. If they are traditional muzzleloaders, I think they will fit right in.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to show!

Notchy Bob

One more vote for your posting under "percussion rifle forum". These firearms are a continuation of the evolution of earlier guns and are indeed worthy of note. These makers were bucking the "modern trend" toward cartridge guns and carried forward the historical tradition of muzzleloading ( I'm biased as I have several)

I think you could post it in the percussion rifles forum. I would agree, there were some interesting muzzleloaders produced during that timeframe. 1900 is more than a century past. If they are traditional muzzleloaders, I think they will fit right in.

I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to show!

Notchy Bob
I don’t have it in my hands just yet but I will post some photos of it when I do.

2nd 1/2 of the 19th Century saw some of the greatest arms ever produced… both ML & BL.
Unfortunately, this forum is missing out, including the ‘Original Antique Firearms’ page here.
There’s quite a few Facebook sites that can assist, that I enjoy.

Latest posts

Back