• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WANTED 1861 Springfield rifle musket repro

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm wanting to purchase a used but in nice condition Model 1861 rifle musket reproduction.
I've always been a flintlock lover, but the Model 1861 has always been the one caplock gun I've ever liked and now that powder is hard to find here in Texas for my rock lock guns and Pyrodex is just about everywhere, l thought I'd like to take the plunge into my favorite caplock gun at last but just missed my chance to buy one here so l thought I'd open an ad and see what pops up.

If anyone else has one available, please let me know. Thanks! Jim

My best and best shooting 1861 repro was made by Miroku and marked Navy Arms. I set a 200 yard record with it around 36 yrs ago in Oregon. Wish I still had it. I now have a wonderful re-issue was made by the Colt black powder division (under Anthony Imperato, now president of Henry gun co). These are the best shooters out of the box I've ever found/owned/fired. Get some!

I wish you still had it too, jimairwin.

I'd have liked it to buy it too.

But since you don't have it anymore..... :doh:

Howdy all
So jim and I are working on a deal, not done yet.
I want to put it out here so I can be held to accounts, don't want to be though of as one of those that might be scamming. 20220502_164231.jpg20220502_164256.jpg20220502_164320.jpg

Attachments

• 20220502_164320.jpg
    20220502_164320.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220502_164231.jpg
    20220502_164231.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 10
Beware of scammers on this site! I was looking for a model 1861 and I got two "referrals". Both turned out to be scammers. Gun Brokers might be your best bet but be mindful of their "Buyer Protection" policy which (in my opinion) is hardly much "protection" at all.

I don’t know if they make a repro of the Maynard Tape Hump on the top of the side plate or not, it would be cool to have.

After doing a little "research"on my own, most places who handle these reproduction muskets have had them on backorder for over a year (with no firm E.T.A. available from the manufacturers. The one I own was built by an "outfit" called Allen Firearms located across the street from Smith and Wesson in Springfield. The owner used to work for Val Forget of Navy Arms fame and became disenchanted with the imported quality. Mine has the proper step-tapered Green Mountain barrel. These muskets were allegedly used by the Olympic Muzzleloading team in competition. There must be some truth to the matter as mine performs quite well!

I always get a kick out of how the original purpose of my threads always gets sidetracked so quickly with people suddenly changing the subject and making this a discussion thread.

Hitting all the muzzleloader shops in the country was the first thing l did brudda.
Not my first rodeo which is why when all that failed, l then decided to try here.

Thankfully, my gamble hit pay dirt and l ended up getting a great deal on a great musket.

I'll post pics when l get it.

Thanks for all your help guys. You can stop now.

lol just to add to the mix,, did ya try Dixons gun shop in Hamburg Pa.. lotts of old stuff.
I called Dixon's yesterday in an attempt to help the curmudgeon. Brenda informed me that they have been on the "wait list" for over a year.

And l thank you for trying versus others in this forum telling me what l should do or whom l should call or the history of the gun or the shape of the gun, or the metallurgy of the gun back then versus the metal composites used today and so forth which have nothing to do with what l asked in the first place.

When a person screams at me and the guys to put out their house that's on fire or revive their loved one who is no longer breathing, they don't want me referring them to Farmer's Life and house insurance, the National Fire Protection Agency, or to the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
What they want is for us to put the fire out or save their loved one.......period.

All l asked was if ANYBODY here had a musket for sale that l could buy from yall.....period.

But look at all the comments l got instead and am still getting even AFTER l already stated that l finally made a deal.

Mods please delete this thread already.
I'm done here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back