• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SOLD 17th C Musket

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
17th Century English Fishtail style musket. I thought this gun was a bit of a novelty with the lock and bought it to clean up for a shooter. But that's been a year and a half now and never got around to it. Too many other gun projects. And, I have a Leonard Day Fishtail to shoot anyway. Here is a previous Thread on the Forum giving you more information and photos:

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/india-made-doglock.109563/

BARREL: Unmarked (but might be on the bottom flat?) Octagon to Round, 42", 20 Gauge. Salt and pepper type stains on the outside. A fair amount of surface rust in the bore, which seems mostly loose. I ran a '62 bronze brush with some Kroil oil down the barrel full length a number of times with no hang ups. So I think it's pretty much surface rust. Worst case scenario would be to have it burnished, which I originally intended to do.
STOCK: Looks to be walnut of some kind (?). There is one small chip on the ramrod channel near the muzzle which is hardly noticeable. But the wood is intact. More of a splinter. Otherwise the stock is sound with minor handling marks. All iron mounted with two reinforcing bands at the muzzle. Needs a soap cleaning and wax.
LOCK: We determined this lock started life as a Siler that was ordered with the "squared" lock plate and fashioned into a more earlier looking lock. Including the faux dog safety catch and hammer stop. Lock has the same salt and pepper stains and surface rust and needs to be soaked. But it's in complete working condition.

With the bore and lock cleaned the gun is actually ready to fire. I'm guessing this gun was made sometime in the 1980's. It does not show heavy usage. It's as if someone left it in a corner of a damp garage and neglected it for years. But it looks like all this gun needs is a through cleaning all around. Weight on a standard floor scale shows 9-lbs.

Anyway, price is $400.00 shipped to the lower 48. PM me if interested. And thanks for looking. Rick

17th Century English Fishtail style musket. I thought this gun was a bit of a novelty with the lock and bought it to clean up for a shooter. But that's been a year and a half now and never got around to it. Too many other gun projects. And, I have a Leonard Day Fishtail to shoot anyway. Here is a previous Thread on the Forum giving you more information and photos:

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/india-made-doglock.109563/

BARREL: Unmarked (but might be on the bottom flat?) Octagon to Round, 42", 20 Gauge. Salt and pepper type stains on the outside. A fair amount of surface rust in the bore, which seems mostly loose. I ran a '62 bronze brush with some Kroil oil down the barrel full length a number of times with no hang ups. So I think it's pretty much surface rust. Worst case scenario would be to have it burnished, which I originally intended to do.
STOCK: Looks to be walnut of some kind (?). There is one small chip on the ramrod channel near the muzzle which is hardly noticeable. But the wood is intact. More of a splinter. Otherwise the stock is sound with minor handling marks. All iron mounted with two reinforcing bands at the muzzle. Needs a soap cleaning and wax.
LOCK: We determined this lock started life as a Siler that was ordered with the "squared" lock plate and fashioned into a more earlier looking lock. Including the faux dog safety catch and hammer stop. Lock has the same salt and pepper stains and surface rust and needs to be soaked. But it's in complete working condition.

With the bore and lock cleaned the gun is actually ready to fire. I'm guessing this gun was made sometime in the 1980's. It does not show heavy usage. It's as if someone left it in a corner of a damp garage and neglected it for years. But it looks like all this gun needs is a through cleaning all around. Weight on a standard floor scale shows 9-lbs.

Anyway, price is $400.00 shipped to the lower 48. PM me if interested. And thanks for looking. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back