• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

12 g. pedersoli UN-reliable ignition

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 Pedersoli Kodiaks and a Pedersoli 10 ga sxs. First thing I do after cleaning them when they are new is to replace the standard nipples with Spitfire nipples from MSM. Then I only use CCI #11 Magnum percussion caps and 2F black. Never had a misfire with this set up.

My Vote--bp only..change nipples..or go to musket caps--so much easier in the duck blind and fields :thumbsup:

For wing shooting real black powder is essential.

I had all the struggles that you describe, and they all went away once I started using real Black Powder. (I now have a small collection of Pedersoli SxS's, and shoot as much as 150 shots in a good week.)

It won't hurt anything to switch to spitfire nipples (I have those in some of my guns), but the factory nipples have been working just fine since I went to Black Powder (2F in my case).

Not a shotgun, but my .54 rifle would hangfire everytime with 777 or pyro. This is a Green Mtn. barrel, 100% ignition now with real 2f, I also am using stainless hot shot nipples.

That's about like my experience with substitutes, including the spitfire nipples and RWS caps. Black powder is really nice for wing shooting. :hatsoff:

Have had mine for a real long time. Likes BP best. Use 2f AND 3F. I have found that when you are doing a lot of shooting the nipples will start to foul. Clean them or drill them. Lots of fun busting clay birds to.

RJ

Have had a Ped double 20 percussion for years. No problems with ignition here. Always use GOEX 2f or 3f.Good luck and happy shooting.

Back