• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

$12 antique store find

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_7088.jpeg

Couldnt turn it down. Some nice bead work.

Attachments

• IMG_7089.jpeg
    IMG_7089.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I started shooting at a new local m/l club , trying to figure out how this m/l thing works back in 1972. Saw some of the guys there in the same fix as me had powder horns . So shopped around , went to the mall Penney's dept store as they sold black powder guns , and found a powder horn made in India , with the same valve shown on yours. I gave it to a guy in need years ago , and the valve really worked well. Wish I would have kept it just to copy the valve on it.

How long would it take to complete a beaded strap like this? I’m sure it’s not an easy task.

T4
Looks like it was done on a loom and since no 'design' pattern it could probably be done in a day by someone with fast hands, two days working at a leisure pace. If free hand without a loom then a bit longer.

Sometimes an antique mall is the end of the line for many good items that the vendor knows zip about but may be able to steer you to the source. Never hurts to ask. We rent a stall at an antique mall to rid ourselves of stuff we saved but the kids don't want. Many items bring more at the antique mall than they do at gunshows. ...You got a nice horn there. Enjoy.

Latest posts

Back