• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

1/2 scale Confederate mortar

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Powder Keg

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I thought some would be interested in one of my new projects. It is a 1/2 scale Confederate mortar. The tube is machined out of a piece of 4" shaft that is 7" long. The 1 1/4" diameter by 6" long trunion is welded on. This little golfball shooter. I'll get a carriage done soon and post pictures. Here are some pictures of the tube. If there are any questions please feel free to ask.

Later,

12PoundMortar002.jpg

12PoundMortar001.jpg

12PoundMortar003.jpg

I see you have a production line going. Setting up a battery in case of Round II?

It's a hobby of mine. I build toys for big kids to enjoy. I might be able to post pictures af a carriage this weekend. Mabey?

Do any of the moderators know when the classifides will be back up?

Thanks, Wes

With respects to the Classifieds, I dunno. If I had space, I'd love one. You see, it takes a golf ball and I can think of no finer way to launch one across the grass. Fore!

Okay, I really don't want to delete this thread, because of commercial oriented posts. Such messages should be reserved for private topics. To access the private topic area, click on the poster's name, then select Start Private Topic. I can personally vouch for Powder Keg's work.

cp.gif

Back