• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The things kids remember

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mccarthy.tf

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I was helping my youngest with his math homework and he was trying to jump straight to the answer without doing the formula start to finish. I told him "If you don't do step one then the problem won't work. You have to do all the steps in order"

His response....
"Like when you forgot the powder and got a ball stuck in your muzzleloader? You didn't do step 1?"

:cursing: Yes son exactly like that. :surrender:

Two thoughts:

1: "Think of it as humility training!"

2:"Insanity is hereditary, you get from your kids!"

Encourage him. It really helps later in later life if you have someone to remind you just what you were doing ten seconds ago. Before you got distracted.

Hinlien said boy should be put in a barrel and feed through the bung hole until they were 18. at 18 you could decide to keep feeding them or plug the bung. I learned the wisdom of that from my kids

Yeah, show-the-work is lost on my son as well.

Another observation: When one boy is present, there is a brain working, when two boys are present in a group there is only the equivalent of 1/2 of a brain working; when three or more boys are present in a group there are no brains working.

LD

Just remember we were all boys once......
I found there was some thuth to what Samual Clemmens said.....

" When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."

No'one in my life has every frustrated me as much as my dad.
We lost him six months ago monday. I would give anything for just one more talk. :(

You said it well, MattC. My father could tie me in knots with things he said and did, but it would be great to have him back to argue with again.

Ron

I feel your pain. It's been 6 years and like you I would love to have another talk. Take heart, the pain diminishes. I don't think it goes away. :thumbsup:

Gerard Dueck said:
I feel your pain. It's been 6 years and like you I would love to have another talk. Take heart, the pain diminishes. I don't think it goes away. :thumbsup:

That is true. Lost my dad 5 years ago and I wish I could talk to him again one last time. It does diminish some but still hasn't gone away. I would really love to go fishing with him one last time. I tried to get him out before he passed but I didn't try near hard enough.

I'm right there with you guys. My dad can really frustrate me but I wouldn't trade anything for him. Luckily we still have him with us. I wonder if I will frustrate my kids?

Jeff

I lost my Father at 61 in 1978. He was a rock with a even temper and good heart. He put his family first and we were always well fed and had a roof over our head. I miss him almost every day.

I took him to Montana for a two week fishing trip when he was 58 to repay him for all he had done for me. It was a good time for sure.

I now get to see my children and grandchildren carry on his work. They are all great parents.
15 grand children and 5 great grand. That's a heck of a lot of muzzleloaders to buy! :wink:

George T.

Geo. T.

You will. Frustrating our kids is something of a payback to them once they are old enough to almost make their own way. Mothers have their apron-string, fathers have a bungee cord. baxter

I lost my father in 1961, at age 73. I was only 11 years old. Even as many years as he has been gone I still think about him almost everyday. My memories of him are still clear as day. He was the wisest, strongest, toughest, most caring man I've ever met. Even after 52 years it still hurts.

I so wish he had lived a lot longer. There was so much he could have taught me.

He was a blacksmith, carpenter, steam engine mechanic, hunter, farmer, machinist, inventor, heavy equipment operator, and with only a 3rd grade formal education was more educated, for his time, than most PHD's are today. He invented quite a few bits of the early oilfield drilling and production equipment.

It's nice to see so many remberances about Fathers and that we can for the most part honor them, I know my father loved me and that he worked hard to give us what as children we needed but his one fault was he was an alcoholic and this caused it's own issues within the family structure... He went to lung cancer in 91 at age 62(too young)like many here I still wouldn't mind sitting down for a chat...... for those who still have their fathers don't take the time you have for granted make the most of it while you can...

Latest posts

Back