• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Your opinion wanted

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You asked for opinions but your choice of a lock was already decided upon...why ask for opinions?......Fred

Since you have settled on a Chambers lock, and that is a good choice, I'd say just pick whichever one looks best on you rifle. Whatever you choose will function just fine so pick according to your taste. :thumbsup:

A Winchester M94 has a 13" LOP. Maybe you could find one of those to try. It might also be possible that Chambers could cut the stock slightly longer. Call and ask.

Recently got to play (coonfinger) with a garner .36 southern mt. rifle..Measured the barrel at 42".
it felt heavy but was real steady when shouldered..
thought it probably weighed 9lb.,put it on a scale and it weighed 7 1/2 lb. exactly..carrying where it balanced in my right hand it didna feel heavy at all. :thumbsup:

Billnpatti said:
Since you have settled on a Chambers lock, and that is a good choice, I'd say just pick whichever one looks best on you rifle. Whatever you choose will function just fine so pick according to your taste. :thumbsup:

That would be too simple. :wink: :rotf:

I probably would let the regional style (Lancaster) and the architecture determine the lock I chose. To me a Lancaster would probably have a Germanic type of lock. Making a smaller size may mean the larger Germanic locks would be too big, and kind of dominate the shape of the wrist and lock area. I would probably lean toward a small Siler. (I think the late Ketland is a very fine lock, but since we're thinking Germanic, I like the small Siler.)

Regards,
Pletch

Back