• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Plains Pistol

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duc

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello,

I shopped for a Lyman Plains Pistol in .54, made by Investarm
After buying what I thought to be a Lyman, received instead the newer Investarm Plains Pistol.
(Investarm made both)
On top of that, found another vender with one for around 36 bucks less!
The whole time during my search only two venders showed up on google
Muzzle-loaders.com and The Gun Works, both in Oregan
After my purchase a third vender popped up, Muzzle-loadershop.com!
Seems every-time I make a purchase another store shows up with a lower price!
Well, the pistol I now own is a Plains Pistol, an Investarm “Gemmer & Clemens”
Hopefully it’ll shoot as well as it appears to be made, beautifully

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Muzzle-loadershop.com has everything I'm looking for in stock even though it's unavailable everywhere else just like magic! Seriously, don't buy from here, it has a ton of red flags. Anywhere that doesn't allow you to use a credit card, or that has PayPal cryptocurrency or zelle as an option is almost certainly a scam.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240322-074619.png
    Screenshot_20240322-074619.png
    216 KB · Views: 0
Muzzle-loadershop.com has everything I'm looking for in stock even though it's unavailable everywhere else just like magic! Seriously, don't buy from here, it has a ton of red flags. Anywhere that doesn't allow you to use a credit card, or that has PayPal cryptocurrency or zelle as an option is almost certainly a scam.
I kinda got that as the prices are suspect. I wouldn’t even know how to get or even use crypto

Hello,

I shopped for a Lyman Plains Pistol in .54, made by Investarm
After buying what I thought to be a Lyman, received instead the newer Investarm Plains Pistol.
(Investarm made both)
On top of that, found another vender with one for around 36 bucks less!
The whole time during my search only two venders showed up on google
Muzzle-loaders.com and The Gun Works, both in Oregan
After my purchase a third vender popped up, Muzzle-loadershop.com!
Seems every-time I make a purchase another store shows up with a lower price!
Well, the pistol I now own is a Plains Pistol, an Investarm “Gemmer & Clemens”
Hopefully it’ll shoot as well as it appears to be made, beautifully
How’s the fit and finish? Do you have any pics to share? Flintleather

How’s the fit and finish? Do you have any pics to share? Flintleather
I had photos, must have deleted them during an edit?
I put some in there again. I like the pistol, however, it’s a two hand for me as getting feeble!
I pray never drop it, been said the stock will just break?

Attachments

• IMG_0264.jpeg
    IMG_0264.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
I “think” so? Looks more grainy than Maple. Could be Beech?

Looks like the old Connecticut Valley Arms i have. Seem to multiply when stored in the same spot. Two 45 and one 50 caliber. The name is written out in full so i expect they are older ones.

MLSHOP is a fake. The reason they showed up is your purchase was easily available to hacks, so suddenly after purchase they have what you want cheaper. Some people will then return original and give their money to some guy in Nigeria.

Latest posts

Back