• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Why are or aren't you an NMLRA member?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am certain that they are listed in the magazine, but I could find it on the website.

I am going to be with the President of the NMLRA tomorrow for a few days and another board member. I will mention it to them.

I might send the NMLRA office an email as well. That info should be on the web if it is not.

Fleener

Tell them to keep supporting the Territorials. Support the Western Shoot.
( If they want this to be a National org.)
Not just the Indiana State Muzzleloading club.
Throw us a bone out here in flyover country.

Do not keep it as "The Indiana Muzzleloading Association."

Yes, I am a member. I try to make the Spring shoot every year. I also take advantage of buying my flint’s, powder, and anything else I might need from the vendors on commercial row. It’s also great to set up camp with the many friends I only get to see annually who live in so many different parts of the United States. We get to catch up on how things are going while sitting around the fire in the evening’s and passing the bottle and enjoying good food, good company!

I’m only 3 hours drive from Friendship so it’s feasible for me to go there annually.

For those who say they can’t afford the membership? I will only say that I completely respect and understand their decision.

Reminds me of a time when I was financially strapped. Was a very difficult time in my life. I’d just paid for my only child’s funeral and life had to go on regardless of the horrible realities I was facing at the time. Bank account was pretty much depleted.

Anyway, a phone rep. from the NRA called me and asked for a donation. I politely explained to him that I was already a member and that I had nothing more that I could give on top of that.

The guy couldn’t take no for an answer! He continually persisted and hounded the manure out of me for more money!!

I finally told the guy to never call my home again and gave him back an ear full!! Definitely put a bad taste in my mouth and an unpleasant experience during an unpleasant time in my life.

I respect anyone’s choices on wether they want or not want to be a part of any organizations.

Their choice, their life!

Respectfully, Cowboy

Today, I sent a note to the NMLRA HQ, inquiring about the absence of the Field Rep Directory on the website. I expect I will hear from them tomorrow. Dealing with new website format.

Its up to us to support the NMLRA Programs such as the Territorials. The Territorials are open to all comers, whether one is a member or not. We are just trying to encourage a sport endangered by growing older and by new ideas in the USA.

Unfortunately, the Western National Matches had to be canceled due to lack of attendance. Only 100 competitors in 2018. Its been a money-losing event since it started.

Indiana does have a fair number of NMLRA members, but so does Ohio & Pennsylvania. The national matches are attended by everyone who finds it worthy to drive the distance. For fellow shooter, Randy Ingram in Jacksonville FL, its a 13 hour drive to Friendship. For my friend, Bill Mapoles near Fort Huachuca, AZ, its a 28 hour drive, but they both attend the Spring and Fall Matches every year. Its important to their life as it is for the thousand or more other competitors, tradesmen, dealers, and buckskinners who find the same value. Remember, our organization is almost at "half-strength" of what it was in 1987.

Buck Buchanan
Field Rep - NC
NMLRA

Last edited:
Buck is doing a great job of trying to help you out. The website is up and running, but it is not finished.

The plan is to have the reps listed, but it has not gotten done yet.

Fleener

I have a problem with an officer of the NMLRA lying to my face about a simple question. I am a member and still will be but because of this individual I will have a hard time believing the others on the board.

I have been a member since 2005 and have met some of the best people at Friendship. They care about muzzleloading and its future. I do not trust the board. I will not stand to be lied too. It is part my fault. I voted for some of them without checking on there character.

"I have a problem with an officer of the NMLRA lying to my face about a simple question. I am a member and still will be but because of this individual I will have a hard time believing the others on the board"

If someone. lied to me to my face I would talk to that person then. I would not come here and talk about it now, lacks back bone personally as far as I am concerned without facts.

I have been a member since 2005 and have met some of the best people at Friendship. They care about muzzleloading and its future. I do not trust the board. I will not stand to be lied too. It is part my fault. I voted for some of them without checking on there character.

Can you expand on that.....even a little?

" I do not trust the board. I will not stand to be lied too. It is part my fault. I voted for some of them without checking on there character"

Who lied to you????? Names would be nice....

If you attack a Board member, you really need to name the member and what the lie was.

Seem fair when attacking a person is it not?????????????????????

Who was the Board member???????????????????????????????

" I do not trust the board. I will not stand to be lied too. It is part my fault. I voted for some of them without checking on there character"

Who lied to you????? Names would be nice....

If you attack a Board member, you really need to name the member and what the lie was.

Seem fair when attacking a person is it not?????????????????????

Who was the Board member???????????????????????????????

Gee Richard, Who's attacking who now.

If a person is not a dues paying member or past member how can you have an opinion?

If the NMLRA is interested in growth, then the opinions of non-members and former members is very important. More so than those of current members.
You have to take the good with the bad.

Who are you posting to?

I have a problem with an officer of the NMLRA lying to my face about a simple question. I am a member and still will be but because of this individual I will have a hard time believing the others on the board.

This poster.

Whom lied and when??

I'm way late to this thread. I am not a member. I belong to two organizations, 1. the NRA, and 2. my local gun club. That's all I prefer to belong to. I have nothing against the NMLRA, I just choose not to belong to too many clubs. I live on a fixed income these days so I have to watch where my pennies go.

Are there State versions of the NMLRA ? Like we have the TSRA down here in Texas. Sort of like the NRA?

Latest posts

Back