• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where do you shoot primarily?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually shoot at a private range about 10 minutes away. It costs $20 a year and is has accommidations for long range rifle, .22, pistol and shotgon. If I was feeling cheap I could just go to public land the same distance away.

Our club range is about 45 minutes away on a ranch along the Nowood river at the base of the Bighorns. I shoot there once a month or so.

Howdy TG,
"Flyin M" will be around a long time to come!
Bryce and Barbara were onlyforeclosed on the lodge, motel, cabins and airstrip ground. This was the collateral to build the new lodge years back. The Mitchell's retained everything else and still provide all the horse activities, some logging, their homesite, some family homesites,
They really didnt loose much land in the whole scope of things andwere sharp enough not to put it all on the line years back!

Still have to chase the elk off the range when we show up too early to shoot!

come on out and shoot with us, again!

I shoot at a private range, cost is $25.00/year. The range has separated 50, 100, and 200 yard ranges. It also has 3 trap ranges and and indoor pistil range.

Thanks Cooner.
Its a miracle I even got it.
In Dec.2005 after almost 20 years on the job as a public employee my employer fired me because of my V/A disability,(parachuting accident)
I almost lost everything.
Then the V/A said they would give me %100 but I could never work again.
Then the State gave me full retirement pay.
Doubled my income. But I can never work again.
I checked for land all over the world.
Then I found this place.
Love at first sight.
Been hear 9 months and it still doesn't seem real.
tomsproperty069.jpg
guns020.jpg
land.jpg
DanielBooneland013.jpg

I belong to a black powder club that has 15 wooded acres. We have 25, 50 and 100 yard ranges with covered firing points. We have a woods walk and knife and hawk ranges. We have pumps and outhouses and plenty of room to camp, no charge. Club costs $20 a year. graybeard

Beautoful piece of bush you have there, 82!!! I am very envious. And it sounds like you earned it the hard way as well, so good luck to you.

I wish I had a digital camera and I would post a few pics of my place, but its not as pretty as yours.

Robbo

Private range with a small covered line, 2 benches, and backstops out to 300 yds.
It also has a "cowboy action" setup and a stocked fishing hole. $25/yr for 24/7/365/access.

Thanks Robbo,
Australia is very beautiful.
Thought about moving there or New Zealand before I found this place.

I shoot off my back deck, but mostly at a private range 1/2 hour away $125.00 a year but good people. It's a little expencive but we are trying to improve it every year so I don't mind paying a little more. F.K.

I just step outside and fire away.
200 yds is the best I can do in my yard.
Neighboring field has about a 600 yd capability, talkin' the neighbor into dozing up a backstop.
Got some ca'tige pieces I like to shoot.
37 years of town life, finally got to move back to the country.
Just down the road from the family homestead.
Life is good.

82 airborne said:
Thanks Robbo,
Australia is very beautiful.
Thought about moving there or New Zealand before I found this place.

Thanks 82. Australia is beautiful, but much harder country. I think you made the right choice given the droughts we are having.

Matter of fact, I almost moved to eastern Ky about 2 years ago when my wife (a PA gal) was oferred a job in Pike County. Very pretty country but very "different" in other ways. And it was dry as well :barf:

Back yard. Neighbor's house across the street is only 200 yards away but my plot is 2,620 ft deep so I 've got lots of room to play. :grin:

HPIM0220.jpg

IM000621.jpg

'Course, the neighbor lets me shoot and hunt on his 50 acres, too. Oh, and the neighbors to either side are pretty agreeable, too.

Nothing like living in the suburbs. :haha:

Airborne,
Great looking piece of land! How many acers
you have there??
snake-eyes:hmm:

Hi Snake eyes.
Ive got about 70 acres.
Around 55 acres are forest, 1/4 acre pond with bass,crappie and catfish.
The rest is pasture.
Not been here a year yet.
Lived in Lancaster,OH for 15 years and moved here last October after I retired.
tomsproperty009.jpg

The property was setteled in the late 1700s.
The stones in the fireplace were passed down through the generations.Over 200 years.
guns010.jpg

I shoot from my front porch a lot.

Shootingtable001.jpg

I can get about 60 yards to the far corner-after I move my truck. :haha:

I also shoot at a local club. Membership is $100 for the first year and $50 a year after that. They have a big shed, benches, a trap range, and a clubhouse.

I shoot on private land that has arranged public access. There is a wash about a half hour from my house that is used as an unofficial shooting range. It's away from roads and general traffic and surrounded by high sides. I'm worried about the trash left by others though so I bring some bags to fill when I go. I have been looking at some property in other areas to buy so hopefully one day I can have my own range to shoot in.

Mike

Latest posts

Back