• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Custom Relic Wood Boxes - What do you Use to Store your BP supplies?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spaxspore

32 Cal
Reaction score
Wanted to share my custom Relic Wood Boxes that I had made. I use these for black powder shooting/ black powder storage.

The Naval scene on my black powder range box is the famous duel between the USS Constitution and the HMS Guerriere during the war of 1812.

The Blackpowder Chest has 13 colonies Flag on top with a scene from the Battle of Long island inside.

Feel free to share what you use for the BP storage needs or BP range box.

1705948533893.png

1705948550850.png

1705948955722.png

1705949019392.png

1705949036238.png

1705949065774.png

1705949051793.png

Those boxes are real nice and a lot of work. I like having everything neat and in their place. One of my projects this winter has been getting everything into their own custom gun cases and making shooting Boxes. Here are the three boxes I happen to be working on now. These three are for 12, 20, and 10 gauge supplies. I am waiting on containers that will fit correctly inside so I can put wads, shot, cards, primers etc.

Attachments

• IMG_8888.jpg
    IMG_8888.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8889.jpg
    IMG_8889.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8890.jpg
    IMG_8890.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8892.jpg
    IMG_8892.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
As far as storing my black powder the cans are in a cardboard shipping box out in the detached garage on a shelf about 40 pounds last time I looked. As far as shooting boxes I have an old photographers hinged box and an old machinist's segmented wood box my grandfather gave me. As far as modern stuff I have a tool box called a Tuff Box for the range with unmentionables.:eek:

I've been using the same WW2 , 5" by 8" by 12" sheet steel tool box . I use the loose in the box , organization method. I see a handfull of either .40 , or .50 cal lead balls , plastic tape can of lubricated patches , a rag to control excess patch lube , and cut cleaning patches from the same rag. , a ramrod tip , appliance or so. And a felt tip marker to record errant bullet holes and write some excuse like meteor strike at the 50 yd. target butt. A small hammer and a sight drift punch. Can't forget a couple of powder measures , and one adjustable measure , and a couple spare flints , and flint leather. Box of thumb tacks to mount targets. Ear plugs. Screw driver.
That's about it. This mess obviously shows , I'm lazy , who cares.

I use a large portmanteau, inside are 4 cartridge boxes, a flint wallet, another wallet (fuse/pyrite), a smaller portmanteau for loading cartridges, portmanteau for cleaning, portmanteau for small tools, and a few grades of powder. All leather is hand cut with the Spanish crowned R on the flap. With this setup I can grab it and have everything for a few guys to go shooting.

Most of my stuff is in a cheap plastic tool box I bought probably 25 years ago. It suffices. What's left is hanging on a hook in my work room or on a shelf.

I use a large portmanteau, inside are 4 cartridge boxes, a flint wallet, another wallet (fuse/pyrite), a smaller portmanteau for loading cartridges, portmanteau for cleaning, portmanteau for small tools, and a few grades of powder. All leather is hand cut with the Spanish crowned R on the flap. With this setup I can grab it and have everything for a few guys to go shooting.
I like the idea. Pics please?

Back