• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

What load for my new GPR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't have any other rifle now that I have the GPR,been shooting since 1974 and I have always used Pyrodex P and PRB. You will get one over the other from everyone you ask,,,It's like trucks,,I have a GMC my brother will walk in the rain, after midnight, in January rather than ride in it,,,he's a Ford man..same thing.
Take your rifle to the range,take all advice as an input to an end and enjoy the range time.
As for damage to the barrel,,,clean it, then clean it again,,if you shoot enough the barrel should be cleaned every other day anyway,so how can it rust!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the info guys. I'm right on the NJ/NY border , and can't get any black powder. I will have to use pyrodex unless I decide to make a trip to Pa, where I hear it's no problem at all. If I do go , I'll pick up a few cans

Larry:
If you do go to Pa. to get black powder it will pay you to call the places you want to go to.

Because of the storage requirements stores have to have to meet the Federal and local laws, a lot of good gun stores don't want to bother with selling it.

With the price of gas being what it is, you can save a lot of money by making sure your intended destination has the powder on hand.

There is a place in the Scranton area that sells Goex BP in cans or in bulk. It is listed on the Goex site as a distributer. They have a website which should be identified on the Goex site.

Back