• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Lyman gpr upgrades

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings,
I recently purchased a Lyman gpr with a 1980 date code. The bore looks good but my trigger pull is horrible and the sear and disconnect look terrible. I was wondering if you all might have a suggestion for an upgrade for these parts. I’ve heard that Davis makes replacement parts, however I’m new enough to know I don’t much about muzzle loading parts to know anything.
Thanks for any input

The set triggers are easily improved by replacing the adjusting screw with a longer one. It’s a small metric size that you may get from Ace Hardware. A tiny bit more refinement is to stone the engaging surfaces of the triggers. Improving the lock isn’t necessarily if you use the set triggers.

The set triggers are easily improved by replacing the adjusting screw with a longer one. It’s a small metric size that you may get from Ace Hardware. A tiny bit more refinement is to stone the engaging surfaces of the triggers. Improving the lock isn’t necessarily if you use the set triggers.
Ace in my area does not carry small enough screws. From my research it either a M2.5 or M2.6. As for my lock, the sear is very rough looking and appears to have a fair sized chip missing. This is by comparison to my son’s gpr. That is why I brought up the new lock

Back