• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WD-40 Issues

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colorado Clyde said:
Users of WD-40 are entrenched in their decisions.... Why would a newbie even consider using it when it is so controversial?
Well, if you would have read my earlier post,, it's because that's what they learned in their life experiences.
There is no right or wrong way. Only a best way.
And the "best way" is continued care using products their comfortable with.
That's the point. If an individual practices continued care of their property while using products their comfortable with,,
,,well then there's no problem,, is there?

:eek:ff Guess what my wife brought home for me to use on the car door that is "squeaking"?!!

:grin: :grin:

Guessing I will find a use for it. In the short run it might actually go on the aforementioned car door hinge.

Users of WD-40 are entrenched in their decisions.... Why would a newbie even consider using it when it is so controversial?

CC, sorry, that is not a logical approach. Politics and religion are probably the most controversial subjects on the planet. To solve those problems maybe we should just eliminate all politics and religion. :doh:

Adui said:
:eek:ff Guess what my wife brought home for me to use on the car door that is "squeaking"?!!

:grin: :grin:

Guessing I will find a use for it. In the short run it might actually go on the aforementioned car door hinge.

Your wife is showing she understands the first two, and most important, rules of life.
#1: If it moves and shouldn't, use Duck/Duct tape.
#2: If it doesn't move and should, use WD-40.
:blah: :wink:

:dead: :dead: it’s like Ford, chebbie and mopar. Of course you notice Ford is the only one capitalized 🤠. You ain’t gonna convince the nay Sayers’s with proof, their minds are made up.

For the newbies, I’ve been using WD on my MLs >45 years in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Indiana, Colorado, Wyoming and Texas mostly where there’s a lot of humidity. Only problem was when I tried ballistol but Mr Hoyt fixed that.

Colorado Clyde said:
I have come to a conclusion............

There are other products out there with far less controversy ... that work flawlessly...

Welcome to the pursuit of muzzleloading. :hatsoff:

You can take the above statement and substitute about ANYTHING in place of "WD-40" and it still holds. Ballistol, Hydrogen Peroxide, choice or rammer material, need for separate rod for range or cleaning, choice of projectiles, etc.

You don't think that maybe it is simply that traditional muzzleoading appeals to the types who hold strong opinions and are loyal once committed? :rotf:

Getting us stirred up is like shooting fish in a barrel. No challenge.

Yet some must persist. :wink:

Like I've said somewhere on this forum before, I used to be that kid in the heat of summer, when he spotted a yellow jacket nest, would take a stick and poke it ... and see how fast I could run away without getting stung. I became an extremely fast runner. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

SgtMaj said:
Like I've said somewhere on this forum before, I used to be that kid in the heat of summer, when he spotted a yellow jacket nest, would take a stick and poke it ... and see how fast I could run away without getting stung. I became an extremely fast runner. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I was the kid that when my city cousins came over and when they were not looking, I poke the nest and took off running.

We had more fun with ground hornets while working in the woods. Catch a guy not paying attention to his lunch pail or hard hat, then toss it into the vicinity of one of those ground nests. Nasty!

Back