• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took the .58 fowler out today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ranger1759

40 Cal.
Reaction score
CABEAB96-8D11-4195-B5C1-CEB3A4BFB098-5291-00000C5C3C1BAF2A.jpg
[/img]

.58/24g English Fowler
42 inch barrel
70g of 2F Goex
Patched .570 RB
50 yards off hand
Yes the flyer was my fault!
Good day!

Ranger, pics of the firearm and info would be greatly appreciated, or to put it another way, add fuel to the fire. Barrel length, and over all weight would be very interesting. Does it have a rear sight?
Smoothbores, some swear by em, and some swear at em. Some of the ones that I've handled were very light weight, even with a long barrel. So nice to carry all day. A .58, or even a .54, I'd like to know about. Thank you, Woodbutcher

Nice shoot'n there Ranger1759, still trying to get my .56 smoothy load together...anyway I have to ask...being from Pennsylvania myself, which is just across the trail from ye...where the heck did ya'll get all that green grass...I woke up this morning to snow! :shocked2:

My "range" is on that back of our property where we dump the horse apples! So I shoot into a large pile of it....what you are seeing is well fertilized orchard grass on a sunny hillside!

I see you're in Slippery Rock, I'm originally from Mahoningtown/New Castle...I also own a camp up in Elk county...

:thumbsup:

Very nice - I wish my groups would look like that!

Silex

Latest posts

Back