• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Took the wife out today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last fall I purchased a new rifle and took the wife out shooting. We'd shot together previously at a family members range but we were just shooting to shoot and there were no targets, just slinging lead into the berm. This time out though, we were shooting at targets. My wife ended up shooting great. She was sub 2 inch groups at 100 yards off a cheap plastic table and a stock mounted amazon special bi-pod. On the way home I asked her if she'd be interested in deer hunting to which she said yes. She didn't grow up around hunting but she does enjoy eating the venison I brought home. Fast forward a couple months and she harvests her first deer and wants to go again this year. So that brings us to today, Michigan has an early doe season in a couple weeks and in my area we have to use an shotgun or a unmentionable. My wife has never shot my unmentionable so I took her out today to get her some range time with it. I also brought along my .32 Kibler SMR which she had also never shot. She shot great with it. We were shooting some small knockdown steel squirrel targets at 25 yards and she only missed on her first shot due to flinching at the pan igniting. She even gave me the green light to buy a fowler if Mr. Kibler starts offering them. All in all a great day and hopefully she'll get us a fat doe in a few weeks and maybe a buck during gun season.
VideoCapture_20230904-162330.jpg
VideoCapture_20230904-150350.jpg
VideoCapture_20230904-162048.jpg

Last fall I purchased a new rifle and took the wife out shooting. We'd shot together previously at a family members range but we were just shooting to shoot and there were no targets, just slinging lead into the berm. This time out though, we were shooting at targets. My wife ended up shooting great. She was sub 2 inch groups at 100 yards off a cheap plastic table and a stock mounted amazon special bi-pod. On the way home I asked her if she'd be interested in deer hunting to which she said yes. She didn't grow up around hunting but she does enjoy eating the venison I brought home. Fast forward a couple months and she harvests her first deer and wants to go again this year. So that brings us to today, Michigan has an early doe season in a couple weeks and in my area we have to use a shotgun or an unmentionable. My wife has never shot my unmentionable so I took her out today to get her some range time with it. I also brought along my .32 Kibler SMR which she had also never shot. She shot great with it. We were shooting some small knockdown steel squirrel targets at 25 yards and she only missed on her first shot due to flinching at the pan igniting. She even gave me the green light to buy a fowler if Mr. Kibler starts offering them. All in all a great day and hopefully she'll get us a fat doe in a few weeks and maybe a buck during gun season. View attachment 250472View attachment 250473View attachment 250474
It’s twice as much fun when you can share something you love with someone you love. Lucky man. :)

Last fall I purchased a new rifle and took the wife out shooting. We'd shot together previously at a family members range but we were just shooting to shoot and there were no targets, just slinging lead into the berm. This time out though, we were shooting at targets. My wife ended up shooting great. She was sub 2 inch groups at 100 yards off a cheap plastic table and a stock mounted amazon special bi-pod. On the way home I asked her if she'd be interested in deer hunting to which she said yes. She didn't grow up around hunting but she does enjoy eating the venison I brought home. Fast forward a couple months and she harvests her first deer and wants to go again this year. So that brings us to today, Michigan has an early doe season in a couple weeks and in my area we have to use an shotgun or a unmentionable. My wife has never shot my unmentionable so I took her out today to get her some range time with it. I also brought along my .32 Kibler SMR which she had also never shot. She shot great with it. We were shooting some small knockdown steel squirrel targets at 25 yards and she only missed on her first shot due to flinching at the pan igniting. She even gave me the green light to buy a fowler if Mr. Kibler starts offering them. All in all a great day and hopefully she'll get us a fat doe in a few weeks and maybe a buck during gun season. View attachment 250472View attachment 250473View attachment 250474
I just got a call from my third daughter today who lives in Fairbanks AK, and she got her first moose yesterday with a bolt gun I built for her about five years ago. That was better than getting one myself ! She's going to bring me a steak and some empty cases to reload again .
I don't think I will ever interest her in muzzle loading for hunting but she sure was excited about learning to stalk, shoot and dress a moose.
Actually in Grizzly country I'm not excited about hunting with a front stuffer either.
😄

Great that you have her out shooting. I would suggest you at least get her some shooting glasses and ear plugs. One stray spark in the eye could ruin her vision for life.
I personally never wore safety glasses when shooting flint guns. Of course I run with scissors too....

I just got a call from my third daughter today who lives in Fairbanks AK, and she got her first moose yesterday with a bolt gun I built for her about five years ago. That was better than getting one myself ! She's going to bring me a steak and some empty cases to reload again .
I don't think I will ever interest her in muzzle loading for hunting but she sure was excited about learning to stalk, shoot and dress a moose.
Actually in Grizzly country I'm not excited about hunting with a front stuffer either.
😄
My sister lives there (and its almost far enough). I had some moose fed- exed from her. Was NOT good. DRY absolutley zero fat in it. Get ya a good receipe before ya cook it.

She been there 30 years. Nether she nor her husband (or any of the kids) hunt of fish. What a waste. She should move her and I move there. still not far enough but I would fit in better LOL.

Yer daughter likley a fine fine human bean. My sister on the other hand....grizzlies avoid her. Every morning in Hades ya can here a hush and then a quite "she's up again" when this you know what gets out of bed. NASTY.

My sister lives there (and its almost far enough). I had some moose fed- exed from her. Was NOT good. DRY absolutley zero fat in it. Get ya a good receipe before ya cook it.

She been there 30 years. Nether she nor her husband (or any of the kids) hunt of fish. What a waste. She should move her and I move there. still not far enough but I would fit in better LOL.

Yer daughter likley a fine fine human bean. My sister on the other hand....grizzlies avoid her. Every morning in Hades ya can here a hush and then a quite "she's up again" when this you know what gets out of bed. NASTY.
I raised my kids on moose, black bear and salmon. My wife is a born Alaskan and I've lived hear in Anchorage for 52 years. I remember taking my first born daughter home to meet my folks on our farm in Michigan when she was four or five and at supper time my mom had cooked up a big pile of pork chops. Beth took one look at that platter of meat and said "Gamma, what kind of meat is that"? My mother said" well Honey those are pork chops and they come from a pig" ! There was a pause and then Beth said. "Ain't sha got no bear or moose" ? My folks got a big kick out of her comment because it was so sincere. To her ,bear and moose was proper meat not some stinking pig ! 😄

Last fall I purchased a new rifle and took the wife out shooting. We'd shot together previously at a family members range but we were just shooting to shoot and there were no targets, just slinging lead into the berm. This time out though, we were shooting at targets. My wife ended up shooting great. She was sub 2 inch groups at 100 yards off a cheap plastic table and a stock mounted amazon special bi-pod. On the way home I asked her if she'd be interested in deer hunting to which she said yes. She didn't grow up around hunting but she does enjoy eating the venison I brought home. Fast forward a couple months and she harvests her first deer and wants to go again this year. So that brings us to today, Michigan has an early doe season in a couple weeks and in my area we have to use an shotgun or a unmentionable. My wife has never shot my unmentionable so I took her out today to get her some range time with it. I also brought along my .32 Kibler SMR which she had also never shot. She shot great with it. We were shooting some small knockdown steel squirrel targets at 25 yards and she only missed on her first shot due to flinching at the pan igniting. She even gave me the green light to buy a fowler if Mr. Kibler starts offering them. All in all a great day and hopefully she'll get us a fat doe in a few weeks and maybe a buck during gun season. View attachment 250472View attachment 250473View attachment 250474
Wow, her eyes are open and no flinch....................... sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees a keeper !

Back