• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tongue anyone?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to know. I get similar results with my ground venison in chili. the pork fat was just me speculating on how to "lube up" the less common parts of the animal as some people I know will get it from the butcher to use when processing their hinds

And you're going to share your recipe for tongue with us??

I'll trade you my Tex-Mex recipe for "steer head in a hole".
(Try it just ONCE & you'll be making regular trips to a slaughterhouse & digging holes.)
OR
IF it's good enough, I might even give you my G-Grandfather's recipe for squirrel-head stew.

yours, satx

Actually something "very odd" happened to my laptop. = It said (well over an hour ago!!) that it didn't post my one comment & then went "REALLY NUTS" & posted the "un-posted comment" 5 more times.

I hope that one of the moderators deletes 5 of them??

yours, satx

Well, at least I wasn't the only one who was "having a problem".

Fyi, I sent Stumpkiller a PM & asked him to delete the 5 duplicates.

yours, satx

Unfortunately, what is often called "barbacoa" in 2016 isn't the REAL deal.
(A long session in a "turkey roaster" simply isn't the same.)

Fwiw, my beloved/adopted daughter's eldest brother makes the BEST steer head that I've ever eaten.= "Falling off the bone" tender describes his version of barbacoa.
(That's just one of the reasons that he's always a welcome houseguest, when he comes to the USA on business.)

yours, satx

satx78247 said:
Actually something "very odd" happened to my laptop. = It said (well over an hour ago!!) that it didn't post my one comment & then went "REALLY NUTS" & posted the "un-posted comment" 5 more times.
This can happen when someone clicks "post" and it doesn't post immediately, so they keep clicking (telling the computer to post one for each click).

Back