• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Panther Primitives will no longer be making tents.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This is from another list I am on:
48 YEARS AGO Panther Primitives made their first tents. I was the 14 year old indentured servant, pushing canvas around for my mother Betty Baird. By 1983 I had taken over full time, and my wife Theresa joined on. Together, we built it into a successful business with thousands of happy customers. We raised our children and then grandchildren in the living history lifestyle, and made countless lifetime friends along the way.
We lost Betty Baird last year, and I lost Theresa this past Spring. I have decided that it's time to bring the Panther story to a close and spend my time spoiling my grandchildren. Therefore, I wanted to give notice that Panther Primitives will cease taking tent orders on Feb. 1st, 2024. Up until that time we will take tent orders on a first come first served basis. I expect the order queue to fill up quickly, and I expect we will begin running out of certain types of canvas well before Feb. 1st, so order soon to ensure that you get on the schedule. All orders should be finished up and shipped by late Spring.
Please share this post with any living history groups that you're in so that the word gets out, and THANK YOU for all the great years we've had camping together!
-Sam Darby

48 YEARS AGO Panther Primitives made their first tents. I was the 14 year old indentured servant, pushing canvas around for my mother Betty Baird. By 1983 I had taken over full time, and my wife Theresa joined on. Together, we built it into a successful business with thousands of happy customers. We raised our children and then grandchildren in the living history lifestyle, and made countless lifetime friends along the way.
We lost Betty Baird last year, and I lost Theresa this past Spring. I have decided that it's time to bring the Panther story to a close and spend my time spoiling my grandchildren. Therefore, I wanted to give notice that Panther Primitives will cease taking tent orders on Feb. 1st, 2024. Up until that time we will take tent orders on a first come first served basis. I expect the order queue to fill up quickly, and I expect we will begin running out of certain types of canvas well before Feb. 1st, so order soon to ensure that you get on the schedule. All orders should be finished up and shipped by late Spring.
Please share this post with any living history groups that you're in so that the word gets out, and THANK YOU for all the great years we've had camping together!
-Sam Darby
Saw that. Sad.

-Sam Darby
Good luck and enjoy retirement you deserve it!

I love my PP 12x12x11' tall Pyramid tent!
Tall enough to wear my Sam Houston hat in!
1701881945425.png

Too bad they're closing, but I certainly understand why.
I wish them the best in retirement.
I'm enjoying mine!

I ordered a tent from them this week and the lady said they will stop taking new orders after January 31, 2024, and orders for some items are subject to stock on hand.

Tents and stuff related to them are big purchases and long lasting. I’ve bought several tents from Panther and one from Tentsmith. I would say equal quilts and service.
I’m so sad to hear this, I’ve known them as the tops since the 1970s
They will be missed

Hopefully someone will fill the niche. The way the economy is going I may be needing one as my primary residence. Another staple of American business goin by the wayside. I can appreciate his decision tho.

Back