• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Tofu

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colorado Clyde said:
I'd eat that!....Is it breaded in rice flour?

What's the green thing in the lower left corner?
Those brown things are sort of like Japanese pita bread, called aburaage, made of fried tofu, hollow in the middle, stuffed with seasoned rice. It's a form of sushi, eaten by dipping it in soy sauce and wasabi.

The green thing is an exotic Japanese fruit called an avocado. :wink:

Spence

Oh sure, I'll just run down to the local Quickie Mart and get fried tofu pouches.... :haha:

Otherwise, it looked good to me. Now I'm hungry and full of ideas....

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Colorado Clyde said:
Oh sure, I'll just run down to the local Quickie Mart and get fried tofu pouches.... :haha:
Most any oriental market will carry them canned, already seasoned and ready to stuff. Those in my photos are of that type.
One of our favorite foods of any national origin. She who must be obeyed is always asking when I'm going to make more "pockets".

Yeah, I like tofu.

Spence

I think people's tastes go for certain things. If you need protein and don't have access to meat, you look for substitutes and go for tofu. My grandson eats it with soy sauce (8 yoa) with gusto. To me, it's tasteless but a great source of protein. I like it in small doses, never had it fried or in pockets. Or with rice...in miso soup it's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much of the time you like what you get used to eating. Cutting s food that you eat a lot out of your diet you will miss it... for a few months. The same thing if you add something unusual. Then you get to like it, and may after a while crave it.

Rifleman1776 said:
Tofu is for metrosexuals with 'man' buns and cloth belts. I would eat tree bark before that stuff. :barf:
Now there is a real man talking.

Spence

Rifleman1776 said:
Tofu is for metrosexuals with 'man' buns and cloth belts. I would eat tree bark before that stuff. :barf:

:rotf: we decided the same think last week at an event. I had on my best silk and lace shirt, velvet breeches with silk stockings , high healed shoes with silver buckles while taking sips of tea with my pinky extended just so :rotf:

Back