• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium and box lock actions

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I was just wondering, was shopping around for an action and came across these fellas. Their prices seem a bit too good to believe sometimes. Anyone deal with them before? Does anyone have any alternatives for a box lock action? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_9960.png
    IMG_9960.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 6
I have never had a bad experience with them. I have the underhammer action from them that works great. as well as two barrels. you will need to call them to see if things are in stock.

Bought a nice Oregon pistol barrel from them last year. Joe and Suzi used to set up a large Traders tent full guns, parts and treasure at our rendezvous every year here in No. Calif. Great people.

I'm sure The Gun Works folks are as good as everyone says. However, a word of caution...these actions are made by Allen Mfg. which hasn't been in business for quite a few years. I would check with the seller and try and determine if there is a supply of spare parts available before I purchased an action. I built a pistol based on a lock made by Allen Mfg. I broke a frizzen spring (my fault) and found that a replacement spring wasn't available from anywhere. Luckily,I was able to make a spring. Just be careful building a gun based on pieces that can't be easily replaced.
Kevin

Back