• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Hawken, engraved

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to post a picture of my TC without the barrel but it wouldn't go, I will give it one more try.

done full cheekside.JPG

I will be the odd man out, a TC is a TC, the engraving looks cheesy to me, like putting lipstick on a pig.

I have customized 3 TC rifles but only by thinning and refining the wood to take away part of that ugly TC cheek piece, defining the lock panels and rounding the wrist more. I am sure someone would look at my work and find it looks cheesy to them as well.

Like they say, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, for me no engraving, for others it is a thing of beauty.
Exactly!

I have an Investarms/Cabela's .58, fully engraved in a non-cheesey style, I value at $700. It coms from the era when T/C was considered top dog and Investarms in second place. I can see how nowadays an engraved T/C might be valued at $700.

Kinda like the most beautiful girl in the world. You KNOW there's someone out there that hates her guts!! :eek:
As far as engraving? If it was "REAL" engraving, (not stamped or poured) that alone would be worth more than the $700.00!!;)

The engraving is very nice! Assuming you could find someone to do that kind of work, it's gonna cost ya!
$700 would be a good price to me. A good Hawken, especially a .54, is hard to touch 'round here for $500. And that's without the engraving.
If ya like it, and the bore's good, GO for it.

Back