• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spring garden

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok slightly off topic. Down in (IIRC) Johnson City Tenn, they have an unofficial "I hate zuchini week" It is fair game to burden your friends, enemies and acquaintances, even strangers, with your excess zuchini. Dump a bushel on their porch, in their car, block their door way with it. Pile it on their desk, in their bicycle basket, etc. Plug up their newspaper box with it. They will do the same to you.

Bought an old house and the lot is 130' long, giving me lots of room to start a Garden. Once I had a guy till the ground (most of it, hard soil and the till overheated) I started planting.
Potatoes, Spinach, Bush Beans, Swiss Chard, Beats and a bunch of herbs and peppers.
With all the rain and temps in the 30's C their growing fast. So after a month the Potatoes are about 12" and the Beans are close behind, carrots are in the rear :) So will be able to supplement my food soon :)
Weeds slowly loosing the battle.

0ftKmLT.jpg

nqn1xOz.jpg

PwbKaCT.jpg

AfqNmgo.jpg

Aj8r2xG.jpg

Nice!.. :thumbsup:
Looks like you're off to a good start...Look forward to seeing more pictures later on...

What's the small tree you planted in the garden?

Storm took one of my gardens...Corn and sunflowers...Tree fell on them... :(

zimmerstutzen said:
The wife's grandmother loved her garden so much that she would take naps in the garden. When she passed she was found laying on her back with her hands crossed over her stomach, between rows of ripening peas, her favorite vegetable.
Pure peace for some who deserve it truly makes life great.

Thanks for the post

Your crop of Dandelions look pretty bountiful this year and those vegetables look great also!

And here I thought that I had all of those Dandelions in MY yard!! :rotf:

Rick :thumbsup:

While waiting for the night temps to get better I tried propagating some rosemary I got. Used some root starter.
My pepper seedlings growing slowly but coming, the Garlic I planted last year has come up. Blackcurrant shush survived, Seabuckthone great as well.
OwyknuV.jpg

eMyAJnj.jpg

wvb63bL.jpg

KBcncxV.jpg

lFFgyd3.jpg
HUX7H6L.jpg

Nice.... :thumbsup:

I have not had good luck with those planting pucks. The fabric holding them together does not disintegrate and the plants become root bound....trying to remove them for planting does too much root damage....

Back