• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN SIDE PLATE FOR MARKWELL .45

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this one for sale. Like others have said, I had one as my first muzzleloading rifle in 1972. Hammer was clunkier, though, almost like a musket hammer. Let me know if interested.
20231219_161822.jpg
20231219_161702.jpg

Now that's interesting. What's to say? How far are you from Grand-Rapids, Michigan? What caliber? When last fired? Barrel length? What's the top finish on the wood? Ton of questions. I don't call anyone. With a written communication a bad memory isn't a problem. Interested! Stevan

What is the nomenclature for the actual measurements of a butt plate? The EBAY idea is good if a person knows what to ask for, other wise it's hope and pray. I'm good praying to God if I thought He'd answer regarding buttplate fitment. Stevan

Now that's interesting. What's to say? How far are you from Grand-Rapids, Michigan? What caliber? When last fired? Barrel length? What's the top finish on the wood? Ton of questions. I don't call anyone. With a written communication a bad memory isn't a problem. Interested! Stevan
A looooong way! North Arkansas. It is .44 with a 35"/1:60ish twist barrel. Could have been last fired a year ago or 50 years ago. Hard telling, not knowing. No idea on finish. Just a ready to use rifle. I have it posted here in classifieds.

Steven yes the show is in Kalamazoo Michigan. Maybe an hour from you. The show is usually around the third weekend in March. It is at the Kalamazoo fair grounds. Biggest show in the Midwest by far. If it pertains to muzzleloaders and living history you should find what you want their...
Just a thought is your gun a percussion..? If it is I might have the parts you need. I have a Mark well arms gun. But the stock behind the breech plug has a crack in it. I used it as an example to show Hunter Safety classes about over loading a muzzleloader.. It's somewhere in my basement.
I'm sorry about not mentioning it. I'm old just plum forgot about it...

Last edited:
You're old? I'm 77 and half way through the next year. Very interested in what you have. I did find parts on Ebay, however by the time I was ready to buy, , ,they were sold. It's OK because I'd still have been 50% in need. Good to know the gun show is continuing to happen. Stevan

Steven I have the gun. I'm sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. We have to figure out what an how we can get together so you can see it. I plan on going to the Kalamazoo living History show in March. How soon do you want to figure this out. That is if you still are interested.

Steven I have the gun. I'm sorry I didn't get back with you sooner. We have to figure out what an how we can get together so you can see it. I plan on going to the Kalamazoo living History show in March. How soon do you want to figure this out. That is if you still are interested.
I'll tell you. My wife is down there now. She's working near Three Rivers helping setup a Estate Sale. Maybe she can meet you somewhere on her way home tomorrow. She could take pictures with her phone. I'll contact her to get her Okay and give you her # or the other way around. She'll be coming back that way again in a few weeks to work the sale. Let me know your thoughts. Steve

I'll tell you. My wife is down there now. She's working near Three Rivers helping setup a Estate Sale. Maybe she can meet you somewhere on her way home tomorrow. She could take pictures with her phone. I'll contact her to get her Okay and give you her # or the other way around. She'll be coming back that way again in a few weeks to work the sale. Let me know your thoughts. Steve
She writes her reluctants to stop for any reason due to the weather. If it's that bad, I understand. I'm keenly interested in your piece though. It will just have to wait until more favorable conditions. Thanks, Steve

Bought an Markwell Arms Kit the other day. Paid to much from ignorance. A lot of parts are missing. Need to do something. Buy, sell, or find. Missing are the butt plate, the brass on the barrel end of the stock, the part opposite the lock, the ram-rod, and others I'm unaware of. The barrel needs cleaning which I've yet to begin. Thanks Stevan
I am in the same boat as you, the kit I am working on is missing the patch box cover, ram rod pipes, sights and trigger guard so if you end up with any extra parts once yours is completed give me a holler.

Last edited:
I'll tell ya right now that if it happens that the parts I need are found, anything extra well be shared with anyone in need. And not for a crazy amount of money. Keeping you in mind. Thanks

Steven I'm up in Northern Michigan. I thought you weren't in a hurry that is why I mentioned the Kalamazoo show in March. I'm 200 miles North of their.

Steven I'm up in Northern Michigan. I thought you weren't in a hurry that is why I mentioned the Kalamazoo show in March. I'm 200 miles North of their.
I am not in a hurry. Boy did I misunderstood your location. Maybe you could show a picture or three? Do you know how to use the PM on this Forum? I'd give you my email address. Thanks P.S. Where in Michigan? Like in UP or northern lower?

I am not in a hurry. Boy did I misunderstood your location. Maybe you could show a picture or three? Do you know how to use the PM on this Forum? I'd give you my email address. Thanks P.S. Where in Michigan? Like in UP or northern lower?
Got pictures? I paid $75. at an estate sale. What you pay? Just asking. The barrel with mine, well I really don't know. Lacking the little light to check it. I've no buttplate or ramrod or nose cap (I think that's it's name). Anything else, I don't know. You have instructions? I did build a Japanese made 50 cal. Hawkins in the late '70s. Trouble is, with out a parts list, I'm pause mode. I'll start cleaning stuff soon. Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back