• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

WITHDRAWN SIDE PLATE FOR MARKWELL .45

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Bought an Markwell Arms Kit the other day. Paid to much from ignorance. A lot of parts are missing. Need to do something. Buy, sell, or find. Missing are the butt plate, the brass on the barrel end of the stock, the part opposite the lock, the ram-rod, and others I'm unaware of. The barrel needs cleaning which I've yet to begin. Thanks Stevan

Attachments

• 20231216_202642.jpg
    20231216_202642.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 20231216_202651.jpg
    20231216_202651.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231216_202701.jpg
    20231216_202701.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231216_202701(0).jpg
    20231216_202701(0).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 20231216_205234.jpg
    20231216_205234.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Wow, what a blast from the past!!! This was my first Muzzleloader back in 1977.
I still have it. Had a lot of fun in the woods as a kid.

Attachments

• IMG_1455.jpeg
    IMG_1455.jpeg
    954.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1453.jpeg
    IMG_1453.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 0
Thanks to Duca. It's always a blast to remember the blast with a blaster. And Frontier's put in is welcome news. Looks like I've more missing than first thought. What's with the forearm furniture? Stevan

Hey Frontier's, no big. Good news is, I still have everything I had as before. Thanks abunch for trying. Stevan
Hey Steve, looks like you have the Mountain rifle version. That sure would be something to get that rifle built

Hey Steve, looks like you have the Mountain rifle version. That sure would be something to get that rifle built
Well, you know more about this than I. Sure was impressed with the work you did with yours. So was that before and after pictures? What version is it? Would like to see more of the completed rifle.

Many thanks for your input. I started scratching on it today. When the parts needed are found, the put-together was the be fun. No instructions, but how hard can it be? Will be time consuming but I started praying for patience in the early '80. Stevan

Well, you know more about this than I. Sure was impressed with the work you did with yours. So was that before and after pictures? What version is it? Would like to see more of the completed rifle.
Me and my Dad built it in 1977-78. the picture of the kit was off line. But it was the same. Funny how far we've come kit wise. it was a real pic of manure. my Dad would say that he remembers all the work we put into it. me and my Dad are Carpenters. he's retired now but I remember him taking the stock to work to sand and giving it to his friend in the paint shop to apply the finish. I had a lot of fun in the woods by my house as a kid

Great times to remember. Have told your dad about it yet? Now I miss my dad. Cool how something can trigger memories from person to person. Wonder how many others ride the waves of memory just now. Stevan

It sounds like you need a butt plate and nose cap. Wear are you located? Maybe a trip to Dixon’s muzzleloading shop in Kutztown Pa. Or similar by you. Bring the stock with you and test fit some pieces.

Now that's a good idea. I'm in Grand Rapids, Michigan. I just started looking and there is a lot of work to be finished before pulling the trigger is contemplated. Thanks for the info. Stevan

Steven you might want to look at track of the wolf for parts. They have full size pictures of many of their parts and measurements .Just maybe you can find simular parts that just might work. Anyway it's a thought and their a good business to work with.
Another idea is to attend the Kalamazoo Living history show in March. Theirs is a lot of parts vendors their. Good luck in your project.

Steven you might want to look at track of the wolf for parts. They have full size pictures of many of their parts and measurements .Just maybe you can find simular parts that just might work. Anyway it's a thought and their a good business to work with.
Another idea is to attend the Kalamazoo Living history show in March. Theirs is a lot of parts vendors their. Good luck in your project.
Got to thank you for the information! I will look and maybe the other thing also. Hey, are you talking Kalamazoo, MI? Do they still do the gun shows? Man, their's is one of the best. Thanks, Steve

Keep checking ebay, people part out old muzzleloaders all the time. Don't restrict your search to Markwell arms though, they were the importer and other brands may be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back