• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shotgun morning.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I set the blind up last night and got back there this morning.
I had with me my not Berretta percussion gun tricentenary thingy model and a 410.
The muzzleloader shot first until the powder ran out. I had about 30 shots with that for about 20 birds.
The 410 shot a similar amount of cartridges for another 20.
IMG_20240506_085847.jpg
IMG_20240506_094011.jpg

Jess had a good time stopping them that could run from running.
IMG_20240506_123347.jpg

Now I must say that this very small fine powder I'm using is like 4f and its fantastic. The power it was giving to the 1oz of 7narfs was staggering!
It killed most birds dead in the air and the patterns must of been very good otherwise I'd of had cripples everywhere. And there was some long going away shots! I highly recommend it.

I give her a fish too.. we catch enough trout.. she eats good.

I bake one in water.. 25 min.. pull the bones right out with a fork.. love s it... fish kibble with broth

I just don't waist...

Like last years deer... scraped everything off the bones.. got all the scrap meat out... dumped it a big pot.. boiled it all.. she had venison all week...

When you clean your Beretta, do you remove the barrel bands and clean it disassembled ?
As its so easy yes, I usually put the barrels in a small bucket. Pour boiled water in via the barrels. Pump with a rodded jag holding barrels with a towel. Drain, add fresh hot water. Drain, rod with a dry patch and allow to dry. When still warm I rod the barrels with a homemade greased patch and coat outside with the same.

As its so easy yes, I usually put the barrels in a small bucket. Pour boiled water in via the barrels. Pump with a rodded jag holding barrels with a towel. Drain, add fresh hot water. Drain, rod with a dry patch and allow to dry. When still warm I rod the barrels with a homemade greased patch and coat outside with the same.
Thanks. I've been reluctant to do so to avoid scratching the wood. Gotta say, all of the accessories that came with the gun are still in use (except the powder flask - never used it yet). Scared to get the gun buggered up, really. Happy hunting to you.

Back