• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Saw 4 roedeer, but no harvest!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello from Germany!

Today morning, 5:15 a.m. I was outside for roedeer hunting. Had my .45 GPR rifle with me, loaded with 90 grs WANO PP, .440er RB, .010" lubed patch.
When moving to the treestand I saw already a doe and a fawn. But they have no season. I observed them and waited until they went back into the forest. Then I climbed up the stand. After another 15 minutes I saw a doe (yearling and with season!) at my right side at about 220 yds. It was moving to the forest line. While it was to far from the tree stand for a safe shot I went down and stalked to the roe. But during I was stalking the roe changed its direction right towards me, recognized me and escaped. So I went back to the tree stand. Another 20 min later again a roe came out of the forest line about 150 yds away. Had a look with my binocular and saw it was a buck (4 points min) :shocked2: . It walked directly towards my stand. So I took the GPR, aimed and planed to wait a bit more until he gets closer (80 yds). Suddenly he stopped, raised his head and looked to a farm, about 500yds away in my back. There was loud noise and shouting. Farmer was driving out the cows at the meadow. :cursing: The buck didn't like the noise, turned round and rushed into the forest before I could even shoot. Damned! 4 roes seen, and no harvest possible! :( That is hunting!

Regards

Kirrmeister

Sometimes the deer win. :grin:

Last Thursday I was doing some trail maintenance work when I saw a big coyote trotting toward me. It saw my movement when I stood up straight. We stood about 100 yards apart staring at each other for about a full minute, then the coyote turned and trotted off back the way it had come.
I also found quite a lot of bear sign. The bears had been eating blackberries and had broken down the canes and left plenty of scat around the area.

Back