• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Reproduction gaffs by maker

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfinator58

40 Cal
Reaction score
I follow a lot of the posts you guys have on accuracy in reproduction. Some obvious mistakes have been built into muzzleloaders from the start! A few that I know of are as follows. Japanese gun maker Miroku received a brown bess years ago to copy from original ....problem was it had been dropped and the trigger guard was crushed and now elongated. They copied it exactly complete with incorrect trigger guard Pedersoli Harpers Ferry pistol has a bent frizzen spring same problem copied from damaged example Originals did not have ! also pedersoli Brown bess date is incorrect should be 1755 for model are there more?🤔

I follow a lot of the posts you guys have on accuracy in reproduction. Some obvious mistakes have been built into muzzleloaders from the start! A few that I know of are as follows. Japanese gun maker Miroku received a brown bess years ago to copy from original ....problem was it had been dropped and the trigger guard was crushed and now elongated. They copied it exactly complete with incorrect trigger guard Pedersoli Harpers Ferry pistol has a bent frizzen spring same problem copied from damaged example Originals did not have ! also pedersoli Brown bess date is incorrect should be 1755 for model are there more?🤔
This same thing happened with the M1842 Civil War .69 cal. musket; don't recall which company made the M42, but it's considered an excellent copy except for the trigger guard.

Read Dave Person's post on the history of the BB.
Thanks Rifleman I looked that up loyalist Dave was asking about the same thing and Mr person stated Tower would have been correct for the pedis solely model this darn phone autocorrects everything

Back