• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rear sight solution

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddogge

45 Cal.
Reaction score
This is something I did on a N.W. trade gun years ago. I took a bolt the same size as the bolt that comes up from in front of the trigger guard and thread into the tang and filed it flat in the shape of a rear sight with a small notch in it. It replaced the trigger guard bolt. It worked fine but now these old eyes aren't as good and I found out I can shoot it just as well without it just looking down the barrel. Maybe it is something someone would like to try.

20230824_160627.jpg
20230824_160633.jpg
20230824_160656.jpg

This is something I did on a N.W. trade gun years ago. I took a bolt the same size as the bolt that comes up from in front of the trigger guard and thread into the tang and filed it flat in the shape of a rear sight with a small notch in it. It replaced the trigger guard bolt. It worked fine but now these old eyes aren't as good and I found out I can shoot it just as well without it just looking down the barrel. Maybe it is something someone would like to try.

View attachment 247708View attachment 247709View attachment 247711
I like that.
I got an early Lancaster dove tail sight I was going to file to match the curve of the barrel and solder on
But that looks like a good

View attachment 247708View attachment 247709View attachment 247711
That's downright clever, looks good too.

Very clever idea ....would be useless to these old eyes but if it works for you thats great ! My rear sight keeps moving up closer to the front sight each year !

I did that when I was a young buck and thought it may help the young bucks on here (if they exist).

Back