• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Rarest mzloading item in the world right now

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Glad I stocked up 4 years ago..rws and Remington

I regret naught one

Attachments

• IMG_20240328_113011.jpg
    IMG_20240328_113011.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
I also stocked up enough for my needs between some of the last few shortages. I also have a bunch of older caps from the sixties and seventies and nineties, all of which are still good. It does appear that RWS caps are becoming available now, which is good for the new muzzleloading shooters, which I am glad to see. Hopefully, the new folks will be able to find what they need. I have not seen any of the other brands, although people on this forum are reporting CCI caps showing up in some areas.

People seem to be clamoring for CCI caps, but RWS makes good ones.

Come to think of it, RWS came through for us during the last shortage. I think that’s when I bought 1,000 each of 1075’s and musket caps to keep in reserve.

I’ve never tried Winchester caps, and I’ve shot very few Remingtons. I’d like to try them if they become available again, just to see how they pop.

Notchy Bob

I also stocked up enough for my needs between some of the last few shortages. I also have a bunch of older caps from the sixties and seventies and nineties, all of which are still good. It does appear that RWS caps are becoming available now, which is good for the new muzzleloading shooters, which I am glad to see. Hopefully, the new folks will be able to find what they need. I have not seen any of the other brands, although people on this forum are reporting CCI caps showing up in some areas.

People seem to be clamoring for CCI caps, but RWS makes good ones.

Come to think of it, RWS came through for us during the last shortage. I think that’s when I bought 1,000 each of 1075’s and musket caps to keep in reserve.

I’ve never tried Winchester caps, and I’ve shot very few Remingtons. I’d like to try them if they become available again, just to see how they pop.

Notchy Bob
I have a good bit of cci's I'd be more then happy to part with

its is a perfect time for someone with manufacturing smarts to start a new line of caps. make them as good as CCI and RWS , remington etc. Pretty sure that winchester caps are made by CCI??? you could sell as many as you could produce right now. the big fear would be that suddenly CCI and Remington might flood the market and you would lose your shirt from all the set up costs.. BTW CCI told me they ship millions of caps and primers every week. Remington did not respond to my email other than an auto message saying someone would respond to my inquiry ASAP

I took the time and have the components as well . It's a very tedious process
It took a while to learn and fine tune the process, but now it's 1/2 hour to make up the prime mix and load up 65 caps. I have also learned that I can take my forming dies and arbor press to work and punch them out when we're not busy doing real work so that it a big help as well. I used to use beverage cans but since I switched to .005" brass shim stock they are much faster to make and work a whole lot better, especially on revolvers.

It took a while to learn and fine tune the process, but now it's 1/2 hour to make up the prime mix and load up 65 caps. I have also learned that I can take my forming dies and arbor press to work and punch them out when we're not busy doing real work so that it a big help as well. I used to use beverage cans but since I switched to .005" brass shim stock they are much faster to make and work a whole lot better, especially on revolvers.
I used to take my hand press with sizing and belling dies, & empties to work. Working 3rd shift on slow nights I'd size, deprime and bell case mouths in my Crown Vic.
Not much happens after 0330.

Back